San Fran Bay Bridge -Q

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Apr 30, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Anyone living in that area, what is the commute like now with the bridge out? It was unimaginable traffic before, now... I'd just stay home or move across the bay.

I love San Franscisco!!

[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi budmickl,

Thanks for posting about the toothpaste! I lived in San Fran when I was a toddler and used to call the San Fran Bay Bridge "my bridge". I love San Fran too!

"Mr. Dad" has lived in San Fran for eons. He's the one who does all of the "Porchlight" posts. If he doesn't see your post directly, you can go to the latest "Porchlight Is On" post and ask him there. I bet he would be happy to try to answer you question. Hope this helps!

Have a great day,

[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Wow! Have I been living in a cave? I didn't know the bridge was out. We used to live in San Jose and would go up to San Francisco every other weekend. I agree with budmickl, I can't imagine the traffic conditions with the bridge out of service. YIPES! Telecommuting anyone?????
  4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I guess I didn't ask the question correctly. The bridge is intact. The interchange collapsed due to a firey wreck. I heard on the news that they were putting on extra trains, ferries and such.

For me, it would be a small price to pay to be in the bay area.

San Francisco or Toronto. let me die in either town and I will die a happy camper!

5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

What a mess the fire has caused, but our great Governor is providing free transit for those who need to commute. Isn't that wonderful!
  6. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Arnie can probably carry 10 or more people in his Hummer too!