Sandi or buttercup i just signed with allsup

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Aug 23, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

How old are you? I live in ga. Where do you live?
    What have you done so far? My disability is fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. That is it. My doc was encouragia and said he would back me.
    Very supportive i hope we will see. He was sitting there telling me everything they have tried with fibro. Even our brains are different with pet scans.
    I am sitting there thinking thank god you diagnosed me 11 years right off.
    You believe in this. he said he had some people respond to lyrica. I swell so bad in my legs and i am not overweight.
    He tested my thyroid again. He said this thing is just like hypothyroid. Which all my blood work came back fine.
    Now this was not through allsup this was a physical i needed.
    Let me know what you are doing i have just signed papers.
    he did not sound encouraging.
    I can only try though
    Thanks
    hensue
  2. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Sorry Im just getting back to you, I just seen your post.
    I am 43 years old, and I live in Michigan.

I have Lyme disease, with chronic FM pain, Fatigue, brain fog, anxiety and depression.

I also had an Emg done on my neck and found out I have Radiculopathy in c6 & c7 with denervation(the nerve is dieing)neuropathy in both hands and migraine headaches.

I have a phone appointment with Allsup this morning to do the SSDI application, I hope I can remember everything.

I'll let you know what they tell me, and give you any info I can. good luck Sandie
  3. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

Hello,
    I am new to this web site. I have been reading everyones posts daily. I have learned so much from here. I have osteoarthritis, osteoperosis, degenerative disc disease and just found out last week I have FM. I cant work and havent been able to work. and didnt even think about SSD until I started reading these posts. So I called Alsup today and signed up. I figured I will go thru them 1st instead of trying to go at it myself. since to what i have read they are the experts. They said I have a really good chance of getting SSD. I am in TX and they said the backlog is not to bad here so hopefully I will get approved quickly. All I can do is pray that it will not be that difficult. Thanks to everyone for all your advise and encouragement.

Celeste
  4. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks for the positive feed back Grammy, I hope it go's

as well for me, the rep. from allsup said, the only thing working against me is my age and education. I hope and pray all goes well. I have two very supportive Dr.

Celeste, Good luck, I hope all goes well for you too,
    Sounds like we both did a great thing going with Allsup.
    time will tell. Sandie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2008]
  5. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

just denied ssdi and was wondering if this is the way i should go and appeal with allsup. i have not done any research on them just what you have posted here! I have fm , lupus ibs depression. they said i was being treated and it was being managed! i wish it was managed so i could go back to work instead of this!
  6. hensue

hensue New Member

Did your doctor say that you were unable to go to work?
    Was this the first time you have applied? I faxed everything the release of my medical records yesterday. Signing off on all their releases. So i am sure they will get back with me once they assign someone to my case.
    He told me he said with fibromyalgia alone how do they think you should work? I have got to the point either more pain pills. Which if i took more i couldnt see or drive. Or more pain?
    Like he said i will tell them in my opinion you cannot work.
    Which i know he is not the one to decide.
    By the way if any else signs on with Allsup. Just putting this out there but they send you card saying if you get someone else to sign on with them they give you 50.00 bucks. So just in case somebody else signs with them. Let me know please then you will get your card.

They want the business it would help each one of us to get even 50.00 dollars.
    Thank you
    Hensue
  7. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

my dr told me that i needed to make lifestyle changes and file for ssdi. which i did. i thought he would be supportive. dont know what my primary dr and nuero said. they don't treat me for fibro or lupus anyway.
  8. hensue

hensue New Member

I know that is a little personal but it enters into the equation?
    Thanks
    hensue
  9. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

i am 47 will be 48 next mth.
  10. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

The 50.00 dollars is for a referal to Allsup, on Monday I had a 1 Hr. phone interview to do the paper work to get everything started, so here I go. Good luck to everyone. Sandie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  11. hensue

hensue New Member

I just set mine up for next wed sept 3 at 2:30. Tell me if you can what it consist of?
    What all do i need ready? He said about a two hour interview.
    or allow that much time.
    How did yours go let me know ok?
    i am sure it went fine.
    turtle dove let me know or texas rose if you sign up.
    If i refer one person if they get awarded benefits, then i get
    50.00. Then when you sign up if you refer one person if they get awarded benefits then you get 50.00. Great referal system.
    Thanks
    hensue
    Buttercakes what is your next step now? did they tell you?
  12. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Im so happy that you got approved so quickly! Do you mind telling me what illness you filed under? and what positive tests did you have to prove your claim? thanks,Sandie
  13. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I had my interview on Monday, it took about 1.5 hrs,
    they will send you a list of things to have ready for the interview...like meds, docs names, phone #s, jobs in the last 15 years, how much money I earned, all simple stuff. Im now waiting for Allsup to send me the forms to be signed. I hope it goes well for you, good luck and let me now what happens. Sandie
  14. hensue

hensue New Member

I am so glad things went good for you. You were very nervous about it.
    I will pray for you and all of us. Hopefully all of it will go
    smooth, let me know how you are doing and what you face.
    Mine you might have seen is next wed. Sept 3
    good luck with us all
    hensue