SANDY & ALL...THIS DD IS & ALMOST HAS TAKEN IT'S TOLL ON ME ALSO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betty50victor, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I totally!!!!! know where you're coming from... I've been crying most of day. Guess you could call it feeling sorry for myself. But you know what, I feel like I deserve to do it. Guess it also means that the Zoloft is not working as well as when I started about 5 or so months ago. With the Zoloft I didn't cry or really feel much of anything which I think was better than this. Sorry, but, I'm having a lot of problems right now. I think everything is becoming a reality of this DD now. I had to sell my condo, the first place I've ever owned and was MINE. I'm moving next Sat. in with my sis and her husband. That'll be ok. I'm gonna try to stay with them for a year so I can pay off my car and have NO bills then I want to move to Las Vegas. Need a change of scenery and ....
    I'm trying my damnest to be positive but I'm kind of losing it right now. Feel totally!!!!!!!!!!!! alone in this. Don't want to bother people with this crap. Pretty much wondering why the hell I'm here anymore. No life. Feel like I'm just too young (48) to be in this bad of shape. Look fine but am hurting all the time now, can't walk good for longer than 5 minutes.
    I'M JUST PLAIN TIRED AND EMPTY INSIDE NOW. NO ONE TO TURN TO. EVEN THE DR. SAID I AM TOO YOUNG TO BE DISABLED SO HE ONLY GIVES ME DISABILITY FOR 2 MOS. AT A TIME AND WOULD ONLY GIVE ME A DISABILITY PLAQUARD FOR 3 MONTHS. JUST WONDER WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN OR GO NEXT....
    Sorry for the downer letter but had to get it out.
    Thanks to everyone......Betty in Valencia, CA.

2. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

I totally!!!!! know where you're coming from... I've been crying most of day. Guess you could call it feeling sorry for myself. But you know what, I feel like I deserve to do it. Guess it also means that the Zoloft is not working as well as when I started about 5 or so months ago. With the Zoloft I didn't cry or really feel much of anything which I think was better than this. Sorry, but, I'm having a lot of problems right now. I think everything is becoming a reality of this DD now. I had to sell my condo, the first place I've ever owned and was MINE. I'm moving next Sat. in with my sis and her husband. That'll be ok. I'm gonna try to stay with them for a year so I can pay off my car and have NO bills then I want to move to Las Vegas. Need a change of scenery and ....
    I'm trying my damnest to be positive but I'm kind of losing it right now. Feel totally!!!!!!!!!!!! alone in this. Don't want to bother people with this crap. Pretty much wondering why the hell I'm here anymore. No life. Feel like I'm just too young (48) to be in this bad of shape. Look fine but am hurting all the time now, can't walk good for longer than 5 minutes.
    I'M JUST PLAIN TIRED AND EMPTY INSIDE NOW. NO ONE TO TURN TO. EVEN THE DR. SAID I AM TOO YOUNG TO BE DISABLED SO HE ONLY GIVES ME DISABILITY FOR 2 MOS. AT A TIME AND WOULD ONLY GIVE ME A DISABILITY PLAQUARD FOR 3 MONTHS. JUST WONDER WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN OR GO NEXT....
    Sorry for the downer letter but had to get it out.
    Thanks to everyone......Betty in Valencia, CA.

3. allhart

allhart New Member

sweety everyone with this dd seems to have much of the same promblems when ever i feel like you are just reading about how the rest of you are doing so i know im not alone if you read any of my past post on the prayer board im going threw enough to make a healthly person want to die if you never felt they way you do right now then you would realy have a promblem you wouldnt be human, your very lucky that you have your sister and you still have your car look at the things you still have insted of the things you lost hopefully by the time were 65 they will have some kind of treatment and we can make up for being worn out before our time,we will be the seniors at the night clubs dancing all night!ive had 4 of those tempory parking cards even the lady at dmv said how stupid it was making me renew it all the time if the dr dosent want you disabled tell him to fix you and see what he says,that might snapp him into reality
    youll be in my prayers
    kara
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

You have reasons to be upset right now. You've had to give up your independence, and that's hard to do, especially in the prime of your life. Sandy is right that you will feel better emotionally in a while.

It will take some adjustment for all of you when you are living with your sister. Right before my body fell apart I bought a new home with my mother. While we don't always see eye to eye it seemed like the appropriate thing to do since she was 90 at the time and really didn't need to be living alone any more. I figured I'd be at work all day and I have my own social life so we wouldn't always be tripping all over each other.

Less than four weeks after the move I had to leave work due to my still undx'd CFIDS, NMH and FM. So much for having time to myself. And to top everything else off one of my sons was having some problems and needed a place to live and since we have a finished basement and his father doesn't want to upset the step family by having them rearrange their sleeping quarters we won!

It has turned out to be the best situation for my son, but my mother complains about him all the time. If it wasn't him she'd be picking on me. So I have had a lot of adjustments to deal with besides just moving.

Now that I've veered way off the path...I would suggest that you look for another more compassionate doc who does believe in disability and not handing it out in such little chunks. Does he really expect you to have a miracle cure in the nest two months? If not he needs to get real. I doubt that will happen, though, so I would be looking for a new doc.

Take care and good luck with the changes in your life. Pleas think about looking for a new and improved doc!

Barbara
  5. fp3657@aol.com

fp3657@aol.com New Member

IF YOUR DOC ONLY GIVING YOU 2 MONTHS DISABILITY FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR AND KEEP GOING TILL YOU FIND ONE THAT WILL TOTALLY DISABLE YOU.... I HAD TO DO THAT.......MY LIFE SUCKS @ 45 IT HAS BEEN STRIPPED .... GOOD LUCK