Sandy - FFC Atlanta - Lyme test postivie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Sandy,
    My Lyme test came back positive. Of course, I was devastated and was so hoping it to be negative. However, from researching I knew in my heart it would be positive since these four viruses/infections were probably a result of the Lyme.

No treatment plan as of today, wil consult with Dr. B. next week. Currently being treated for the Epstein Barr with Famvir and antiviral I.V.'s...........and herxing badly.
    I learned when one had Lyme, herxing is substantially more intense than others.............

As you know, we can only treat one problem at at time so I have such a long way to go............but, I'll get there I pray...............

I hope you are doing good with your FCC Lyme treatments.....so what other, if any virsus/bacterial infections do you have associated as a result of Lyme??

Very frustrating day...............as you well know.......

Take care,
    Dalphia
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I know this was addressed to Sandy but I wanted to let you know I am so sorry you have Lymes. You are very courageous for sticking to your treatment despite the way it is making you feel! I still believe next year you will be feeling good and enjoying shopping with your daughter.

I have thought about you alot and am sending all the good thoughts and prayers I have your way! Lynn
  3. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Dr. B. may just put you on abx for lyme. She told me we had to address that one first thing. I have EBV also.

You're not going to herx worse on lyme. If you begin to herx too much, you can cut the abx in half and ramp up slowly. That's what I had to do. You ARE in control of how much you want to herx.

When we have such a huge load of lyme in our systems, we need to start out slowly. Lymenet dot org has helped me a lot when I first started my abx and it was too much herxing.

You manage your treatment, and Dr. B. will support you. She's been wonderful. She has let me pulse my abx also. I do 10 or so days on and then take 4 or 5 days off. When I start up again, I'm able to handle a little bit more!

You will be okay and you will get to the other side -- just keep swimming!

Sandy