Sandyz***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pawprints, Mar 1, 2006.

1. pawprints

pawprints New Member

HI:

Just wondering how you are doing with the IC. I have been thinking of you.

Mine was doing good and then I tried the Xyrem again and it seems to have aggravated it.

Hope you are handling it.
    Shana
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I am seeing some improvement. I`m in a little less pain and a can wait a little longer to go to the bathroom. I go about every half an hour instead of every 10 minutes. I really like the Prelief. I have notice my hair loss has increased a little with the elmiron, but its no to bad yet.

Its only been a week since my cytoscope, I know it could take monthes to get better. So, I`ll have to try to be patient. Is popcorn a bad food for IC? I didn`t see it listed anywhere but my guess it would be bad. How about bath products, would they be irritating to the bladder?

My 10 year old broke his arm a couple of days ago falling off a swing at school so I`m playing nurse to him. I`m just kind of overwhelmed with it all. I`m giving him extra time and attention ignoring myself again. Last nite we did 4 hours of make-up work. He gave me the answers and I had to write it all for him because he broke his arm that he writes with. He went to school today and is going to have to try to write with his other hand but its going to be slow going.

I`m just going to go to bed today while he is at school and rest. I appreciate your thinking of me. That lifts me spirits and I hope you are feeling pretty good today.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

today and be patient.

I am not sure about popcorn. You could try a handful and see how your bladder feels.

I do think bath products can be irritating and chlorine from a pool. So I would wait until the IC calms down.

I am only up to 2 pills of Elmiron and notice some hair loss. I am going to a third soon. I think I will take 2 at bedtime and 1 in the a.m. It is tough because they say to take it on an empty stomach. When do you take yours?

I know you go to the FFc as well. Are you on the Xyrem for sleep? I can't figure out what in it made my bladder worse. I will give it one more try once my bladder calms down. If it makes it hurt again, it is not worth it for me.

Sorry to hear about your son. I know that adds extra stress on you.

Take care.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I only take two elmiron too. I`m starting slowly because of have heard of other people`s problem with full dose right away. No, I don`t take Xrem, I take Ambien Extended release. It works very well, I don`t think its bothering my bladder but who knows. Yes, I go to the FFC and I need to call my doctor there and ask him if any of the supplements or meds I am taking will irritate this. I just haven`t gotten around to it yet. I cut out some of the supplements until I talk to him.

There is a lot to learn about IC isn`t there? I need to go to the IC message boards and do some more reading. What would do without these support boards. I think I would go crazy. Thanks again for checking on me.

Sandy
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I'll be curious what your FFC doctor says about supplements. Mine did not have alot of information about IC. It seems it is up to us to experiment.

Shana