SARCOIDOSIS AND FIBRO-CALCIUM QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pecanpie, May 16, 2003.

1. pecanpie

pecanpie New Member

Does anyone know about calcium supplementation in a person with sarcoidosis? I have both fibro and sarcoidosis and have had high calcium levels on lab tests, so the recommendation to supplement with calcium confuses me. I am afraid to take it and sometimes even wonder about dairy products. What about magnesium, should I be taking that for the fibro? I do not supplement with anything now as I am afraid of unregulated herbals and supplements. I only take what my doctor prescribes. I have not really investigated my disease (really bad) as I just have left it up to my doctor. I am new to the board for forgive me for not having good internet manners. I worked for many years typing on the computer and now my elbows, wrists, and hands are ruined because of the fast typing 8-10 hours a day. I was on steroids for the sarcoidosis, but the pulmonologist said that I should be recooperated from the chest pain and erythema nodosum on my ankles and behind my thighs, but still in pain and tired of fighting for relief (finally had the pharmacist talk to my doctor and the insurance company and she was the one who helped me the most). I only take Darvocet and Serax for the pain, but still the docs are afraid of prescribing anything stronger.
  2. RedB

RedB New Member

I have a friend who has Sarciodosis and is in full remission. I know what an awful thing it can be for your system, and it must be even harder to have it in conjunction with Fibromyalgia.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than I will be able to answer some of your questions.

Welcome to the Board,

Kathy