Sassy

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Doznclan3, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Have you ever seen that picture of Christ that has that saying....

I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it?

What a great saying. Life comes at us fast. Those of us that believe, love knowing the Lord is always there for us. I'm not one to just shrug my shoulders and say, oh well, that's life. I've never had the feeling of wanting to leave the word of God. It's way too comforting. I know that he will help me through things that only he knows what's best for me. I trust in him. I'm thankful there are others that understand this, and that want to talk about him. I don't push my way of thinking on others, as I've said before, it just doesn't work. I believe in planting the seed, then it's up to them. I really believe in free agency. Jesus taught this way. He was gentle in his teachings. I love his parables. He was such a great example to all of those that can accept him. If everyone lived as he did, what a great world it would be. We are so blessed to have the atonment, I can't even express my gratitude for that. What love and compassion! He loves us all. I love him!
    Cynthia
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I didn't know that you were going through so much. My mother passed away 3 years ago last month. Was I thinking of her all month, and still. Yes. It isn't nearly as hard as it was for me at 6 months..where you are today. And to have what you have going on. I know the thoughts that are entering your mind, then think, oh I can't, she isn't here..like, I need to call mom. Things still come up where I start to say to my husband, I need to call mom about that..oh wait. I can't. We make light of it now, saying, wow, that would be a very long distant phone call. I still talk with her, usually at night. Or, I'll even ask the Lord if he will say something to her for me. Sound silly? I did go to the cemetary often for a while. I'll always try and keep flowers of some type on there, even in the winter, while it's cold, they may be plastic, but she has something. I know she would like that. You of course need to do what feels good for you.
    Julie, remember what Gengareeree said, comfort, strenth, and oh so much more, that I know you know. Faith. Keep the faith. I was almost in tears last night when I came on and didn't see much here written about the word of God.
    I love you all, Cynthia
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

John 1: 3,4,5

3..That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
    4..And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
    5..This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    Thankful for scripture that tells of his truth, his very being.
    Cynthia
  4. jole

jole Member

The older I get, the more I realize the need of God in my life. In years past, I wanted nice things for my home...nice things for my kids and grandkids....But now, none of that is important to me. I just want God to fill our hearts and lives with His goodness, love and mercy.

I too understand the change in the board as being the way of the world....one or two unbelievers can cause sooo much damage...and I'm not convinced that they do not know what they are doing. Madeline Murray certainly did, and she as one person made a lot of changes.

I see many more negative changes happening down the road..in the not so distant future. We need to continue to praise our Lord and tell others of his love. After all....

The past is past, the present won't last, and only God is our eternity. Love to all***Jole***
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

You may not think that you are pretty, but I have to say..that you are beautiful. If I think that you have a beutiful spirit, I can't imagaine how much the Lord appeciates what you do for him, I can only imagine the love and compassion he has for someone like you who does stand firm in his word. I feel so much from your posts. Like the very feeling that you are feeling right now as I read this. You are a wonderful witness for him. Thank you for sharing.
    Love, Cynthia