Satin Sheets To Lie ON

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Oct 30, 2005.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I hope everyone likes my title.

I'm posting this as I have read that many here has back pain and arthritis along with FM.

I made a discovery many yrs ago after my back problems began. It was"SATIN"

I took bridal satin and cut it in 1 yd lengths to use on my bed under my behind. It should be on the bed with the slick finish going from side to side and not up and down.
    The purpose is to help you turn over more easily.
    Please!, nobody try this and fall out of the bed.

When we turn over in bed we have to pull whatever we weigh.The satin helps you glide over onto your side. It works best if you are wearing nylon or satin panties or boxers.
    Some people say it wads up under them and others have said it saved their lives. My neightbor , for example had 2 hip replacemens after radiation and chemo for breast cancer. The radiation destroyed her hip bones. She was really weak and was in bed for weeks. She was able to turn over and sit up in bed using the satin.
    The satin works best in 1 yard pieces as you still can grip the cotton sheets with fingers and toes for leverage.

I use my satin all the time and the few times I have quit using it I had more pain or soreness in my back.

I've often thought that there are people who are bedridden 24/7 that could avoid bed sores if their family would use the satin the way I do.

I took my satin with me to the hospital when I had my last surgery. I had tubes everywhere, even in my back. I also had some mild paralysis,and the nurses went along with my request to put the satin under me. They soon learned the why of it.

Maybe this will be of help to someone.

littlebrownwren
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Sounds like a good idea!

I always wear long nylon gowns to sleep in for the same reason--you can turn over in bed soooooooo much easier than if you have on cotton, flannel, or some other type material!

When my father became ill and had to stay in bed all the time, he complained about not being able to turn over easily. We did not want to buy satin sheets because we were afraid that he might slide out of bed on them .... so we talked him in to trying the all nylon pajamas. He loved them and said that solved his problem!

Thanks for the hint!

Janet
  3. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

i HAVE HAD BACK AND NECK SURGERY.MY BACK IS HURTING ALMOST ALL THE TIME. TURNING IN BED HAS BEEN VERY PAINFUL FOR ME,MY BACK FEELS LIKE IT IS COMING APART. I TOO WILL TRY THIS.THANK YOU,EVERY LITTLE TIP HELPS.