sauna and Exhaustion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Aug 23, 2008.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I had a sauna yesterday and today after todays session I could hardly move I was in a lot of pain and I am totally exhausted it this normal?

2. Empower

Empower New Member

Well I know that heat exhausts me, soooooo
  3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Far Inrared (FIR) saunas can be done at much lower temperatures; approx. 120 F - 130 F. Normal saunas can be anywhere from 180 F to 200 F and can be very draining for people with serious health conditions. Advise caution on the hot non-FIR saunas.
  4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Heat drains me and makes me feel weak, but more so HUMIDITY. Cant do saunas, jacuzzi's, humid days or long periods of constant sun exposure. If I am stuck in the heat too long though, I have to stay abnormally extra hydrated and also eat and even a little sugar helps.

Dont know why.....this was one of the many reasons my neuro looked into MS.
  5. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Hi-- I know what you mean...even reading your post exhausts me, and that's just the thought of it!
    Saunas can definitely cause dehydration, so if you didn't drink enough water you may be dehydrated, which can make you flare. Also, drinking water helps get rid of "toxins" that the sauna can release.
    So if you're brave enough to try it again, make sure you drink plenty of fluids, and don't try to stay in as long as a healthy person.