sauna

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phil, Oct 9, 2005.

1. phil

phil New Member

I have access to a regular sauna. Would it be beneficial to use it for detoxification? I know that an infrared sauna would be better.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Be sure to drink a lot of water before and after going into the sauna and to gradually work the time up. It's better to not do over 10 minutes the first time. People are tempted to, but it's not healthy to start out doing sauna's for long periods of time. If after 5 minutes, you feel lightheaded or dizzy, etc., get out!

What I do is start a 1/2 day fast with a sauna. I wake up as my body allows and take a shower using a brush on my body, then I begin to drink a liter of filtered water (all in the AM), do a sauna mid-morning, after the sauna I take a shower and use a brush on my skin, then drink another liter of water in the afternoon. I also do gatorade with the PM liter of water (as you do loose electrolytes with sauna). At about 5:00 P.M., I eat a very light dinner of steamed veggies, don't cook very long, and whole grain rice. The veggies only need to be very slightly cooked or good things are lost. I continue to drink water all evening unil about 8:00 P.M. I then go to bed. If you follow this, you will sleep really well and wake up really refreshed.

Sometimes I will take a nice soak before bed in my tub and then rinse off in the shower and wrap a towel around my body, do a facial scrub, put plenty of moisturizer on my face, slather lotion all over, crawl into jammies, then off to bed. Ohhhh do I sleep well after that soak!
  3. phil

phil New Member

Thanks or your help and insight into this matter.