Savella and Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tig519, Jan 19, 2011.

1. tig519

tig519 Member

I know many people on here have had the same issue I had with Savella... worked well, but raised my BP so I weened back off of it.

My question is whether or not people's BP was higher after months off of the drug than before they started it.

My BP was 110/70 before I started taking it and at my recent checkup (8 months after stopping the drug) my BP was 150/90. It was a bit lower than on the drug, but too high to not be put on BP medication.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Possible that it was just coincidence.
  2. debilyn

debilyn New Member

I need to check this. I assumed my blood pressure went back down after I weaned off the Savella, but you've reminded me of something: I had my BP checked at a doctor's visit several months after Savella, and it was high. I dismissed this thinking my BP was only high because of the stress of being at the doctor's office. Maybe, though, it is because of the Savella.

I need to monitor my BP for a few days and see if it has been permanently affected by the Savella. I sure hope not; my 110/70 BP was one of the only things I've been able to hold onto in my effort to be "normal."

I will post with my findings if they are significant.

3. tig519

tig519 Member

Thanks- I did ask my doctor if it was possible. She said she has not seen any medical articles. But made a note in my chart.