Savella and heat/sun

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dzlady, Aug 9, 2010.

1. dzlady

dzlady New Member

Does anyone have this problem? I take 50 mg of Savella BID (morning and bedtime). The morning dose makes me nauseated. I have tried taking it with food and without food, either way, I still feel sick. I've tried everything from just a few crackers to a full meal, makes no difference. I have been on Savella for a month and a half or so and its always been like this. I dont know what to do.

Also, I live in Missouri, where the last month has been extremely hot. Heat index ranging from 100-120 degrees and sunny. The sun makes me sick. For example...I was outside yesterday with my husband while he cleaned and organized his garage. I was out with him for about 5 hours and the heat index was 114. Yes, I was sweating and hot, but I wasnt feeling sick until I stepped out into the sun to bring him something he had laid in the yard (making room to move around). I was out in the sun for about 3-4 minutes or so. As soon as I got back in the garage, I started feeling very sick and could no longer be outside at all.

I am a newbie to a diagnosis of fibro, so I am not sure what I can and cannot, or should and should not do. I do know not to overdo it, physical wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Hi Teresa,

When I was taking Savella, I had those same symptoms (among many others). It almost felt like sun poisoning. I no longer can take Savella because it made my blood pressure high and gave me horrible bouts of flushing and sweating.

I don't have any advice as I myself couldn't handle Savella for the long haul. I tried it twice because it initially helped. I did experience the feeling you describe about being in the sun/heat.
    So you're not crazy or anything, but I don't know how to help =]

Good luck,
  3. matieofleaves803

matieofleaves803 New Member

is a killer for most of us. Makes us terribly ill. My grandson used to vomit whenever he was in the sun.
    What is Savella?