Savella and Rhizomoty....New things I tried:)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member insurance finally decided they will pay for my Savella! I switched from Lyrica to Savella maybe 2 months ago. My pain with the Lyrica and Savella was a is not better than the other. However, stopping the Lyrica has also stopped the weight gain that I was experiencing. I have gained appx. 100lb!!!!! yea....100lb, while on the Lyrica. So I gain roughly 50 lbs per year I was on it. Now, on the Savella I have already dropped chose to 20lbs in a couple of months!

I have also had a Rhizotomy on both sides of my lower back in an attempted to stop some of the lower back and hip pain that is not FM related. The procedure was tolerable with ALOT of numbing! But I have been pretty sore up to 5 days after the procedure. My doctor did one side at a time. Great idea on his part:)

Oh yea....I also switched from Paxil (another big weight gaining drug) to Zoloft and I liked that switch too!

All in all, I still hurt like *%#@, but a 20% reduction in pain on some days is a huge accomplishment to me:)

How's everyone been??

I'll post this on the ChitChat board as well.
  2. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Hi Deb

While on lyrica i gained over 60 lbs. Went off it in June and have lost 28lbs.
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Isn't it great...and the weight loss has got to be beneficial to our DD:)