Savella for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PainSux, Mar 20, 2011.

1. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I've been on this for almost two weeks. I am titrating up slower than the directions because of the severe nausea I'm having. The doc gave me Zofran for the nausea which I have to take 3-4 times a day. I do find though that I am having some relief from the chronic fibro pain. I had tried Lyrica for nine months w/o relief but did gain a lot of weight. Weight gain is not a side effect of this though but hyperthyroid is. I stopped taking my thyroid medicine. It doesn't work anyways but I didn't want to go hyper-hyperthyroid. We'll see what happens & I'll have to keep you updated.
  2. PainSux

PainSux New Member

Still having a lot of nausea & taking the Zoftran about 3 x a day. I haven't gained any weight. My sleep is still a problem. The pain is much more relieved w/the Savella though. I have had headaches and migraines but I get them anyways @ times. I do have an odd taste in my mouth & food doesn't taste right.
  3. kickymich

kickymich New Member

You mentioned hyperthyrodism is a side effect of Savella? Can you tell me where you learned or heard of this hyperthyroid-Savella combination. I am wondering if I can switch meds without a total health collapse.

I have been on Savella almost 6 months and prior to using it my thyroid (previously had Graves Disease) was steady for over 10 years. Since being on Savella it has skyrocketed and now I don't sleep so my pain and fatigue are unbearable-- voiding out the effects of the Savella. The Endo has a wait and see approach. Help!

4. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I was on Savella for several months and it didn't work for me. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months because I was so nauseous and sick all the time. I am not on it anymore and I still have the same symptoms; however, the warm weather seems to be helping me some. Hang in there!