Savella New Fibro Drug Wow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,
    I haven't posted much at all in the last year or 2 and have spent the last year bedridden after adding Lupus to my wonderful list of problems to deal with. My rheumy is helping me with that and added a medication to help it.

In October or so the pain came back with a vengeance and around Dec my doc ordered 2 more meds for me. One was Savella, a new drug for Fibro. (I just got back from seeing my GP and he hadn't heard of it)

My pain went from excruciating to a dull roar on 12.5 mg of Savella so he recently upped the dosage to 25 mg and wow, what a difference!

I had even started walking my new rescue dog about a month ago but the difference in dosage has me feeling absolutely wonderful (for me).

My world was very small, bed breakfast, bed computer bed etc.....and now I'm moving well in my home, getting out much more than the last year and not feeling like I have to pay for it.

This morning I woke up early at 5:30 (didn't get back to sleep) showered, had breakfast, went to appt, came home had lunch and still feel wonderful!

This is in one week of the increase in dosage....

Please ask your doctor about this new medication and see if it's right for you and if your body can tolerate it. I often have horrible side effects but so far so good on this one. My husband also started this medication for his RA (I have it too) and yesterday said he hadn't felt this good in years and he's only been on it for a week or so.

Just had to share...

Hugs all,

Nancy
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Nancy

It is good to hear Savella is working for you. However this has been out there for a while and is iffy about working for people.

Hope you have continued sucess with this
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

but have to say, Anatabloc is the newest "supp" out there
    and I'm on it a little over a month....many reports from RA people and Fibro and even Lupus patients, getting relief
    with this new anti inflammation supp.....

Anatabloc.com is a very informative site...I spend so
    much time reading blogs, and other sites with testimonies from many getting much relief....

I never went with the 3 drugs most talked about here over the years....take care and hope it continues to work, but I
    always worry about the drug side effects...jam