Savella Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Dec 20, 2011.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Well, it's been almost 2 weeks since I started taking Savella & I am pretty sure it is working. I am so excited, as this is the 1st thing I've tried that has had any effect (except Vicodin & that's limited relief), positive effect, I mean!

My drug schedule is every 6 hours for Vicodin so I usually take it @ 6am, 12pm, 6pm & 12 am. This is as needed, of course, & when I don't need one, I don't take one but I ALWAYS take one 1st thing in the morning - in fact I am usually counting the time til I can take the 6am pill.

Well, the last several days I have actually forgotten to take it! Forgotten! Yesterday, I didn't think about it until 3pm! And it was raining!

I do still have pain but to not even think about it until 3 is a miracle! That tells me my pain is significantly reduced.

I am not sure if Savella wears off & that is why I take it twice a day or not but I did wonder if I had remembered to take the Savella when I was supposed to, if I could have gone longer without a Vicodin. If anyone knows the answer to that, I would be grateful if you would share it.

Yesterday, I cleaned my whole house & today I went shopping & then out to lunch & then took my niece & nephew to the library where we played for about an hour & a half! And I am still standing! I am so thankful right now I could just about cry because - as I'm sure you all are all too aware - shopping alone would normally be enough to do me in! And I had the kids (2 & 4) with me. Just getting them in & out of the van usually exhausts me.

Sorry to ramble but I have shared my pain with you all - it's only fair to share my relief! ;)

If any of you are thinking about trying Savella, it's worth a shot!

Pe@ce,
    Tyne
  2. debilyn

debilyn New Member

Tyne,

What awesome news! I am so glad you are finding Savella helpful. I totally get what it means to forget to take one's pain medicine--the pain wasn't reminding you. The only time I have forgotten to take my pain meds was when I was taking Prednisone which isn't supposed to help FM, go figure.

Thanks for sharing the good news; I am sure it will help many.

Best wishes,

debilyn
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

So happy you are feeling good!

Keep us informed as to how you continue to do~ What a major life change this could be! Remember to still take time and pace yourself!

You also responded to a post I'd written and I didn't get to tell you thank you for posting! So, thank you! I live in NE Indiana. I believe you said you live in the "Hoosier" state also. Would you mind telling me what part of the state? I've found very few here from IN. If you're not comfortable, that's fine too!

Wishing you even better days!

Kim
  4. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Thanks for your good wishes! So far, I haven't overdone it, I guess because I'm so used to 'saving' my energy! Unless someone has this DD it's hard to understand how BIG this is in my life! I can see how I could go overboard!

I do FX Make Up & we had a performance on Sunday, which meant tech & dress rehearsals last week. Usually, I am just wiped after that & in so much pain I can barely stand up straight. And I was in pain from leaning over the make up chair but last performance, I was in so much pain that I was thinking about resigning. This time, I bounced back & after a rest, felt ok. That is HUGE to me!

I live in central Indiana. I think you might be the 1st fellow Hoosier I've met here.

Thanks again for rejoicing with me!

Tyne
  5. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Clementyne
    I'm so happy you found something that works for you! A lot of time I read these posts and find that many people are struggling so it's awesome to finally hear some good news!!!

BTW...I live in Kentucky...near Louisville...so we probably aren't TOO far apart!

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
    Rebecca
  6. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I know! I have been one of those people!

We are close ... my husband & I take day trips to Louisville!

Merry Christmas to you!
    Tyne
  7. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

to you and your family! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Rebecca
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

So great hearing you are feeling great! I am thinking about asking for a 'script'. Living my life through you! LOL

My grandparent's lived in Lebanon. My husband's lived in Frankfort. And I was born in Indy! Our daughter graduated from IU-B. Love the entire area! Thanks for sharing your area!

Have another great day..

Kim
  9. clementyne

clementyne New Member

My family went to church camp there. Now it's called Frankfort Camp Ministries on Freeman St. I think and we had friends in Lebanon! Being from Indy, Frankfort was quite quaint & my sisters & I got into plenty of trouble for sneaking off campus to go to town! It's a small world after all, isn't it!

I would certainly say give Savella a try! I saw a difference within days. My Dr. said 2-3 weeks but to give it a month & it was less than a week & I was thinking it was working. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Clementyne
  10. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Thanks for sharing Clementyne. That's great news! Glad you have found something that works for you
  11. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

and it works great for me. The fatigue had gotten so bad I could barely function at work. My doc put me on Savella as a trial and it worked fantastic. It's like life support! LOL I can go and go and go also on the good days. Of course I still have days that are bad but not like before.

I had amazing pain relief in the beginning too, but I am sorry to say that after a few months that part was back to before, but that is fine. I have pain pills for the pain, it was the fatigue that we kicking my butt.

I did have my doc increase it to see if that would get me back to the less pain state but going to 75 and even 100 mg twice a day did not help at all. In fact the increased dose caused horrible back pain, which my Dad's wife who is a nurse said happens if the dose of a med it too high. The body cannot metabolize it properly and it settles in the muscles. That I don't need, so I backed down the dose and it went away.

The week before my period is usually bad and I up it to 100mg twice a day then, but other times I just take 50 mg twice a day. But considering NOTHING else worked for the horrible, horrible fatigue, I am happy with it. Very happy in fact. I did have some side effects but not bad and they did go away after some time. Glad it is working for you. I would recommend it to anyone. It is work a try for sure.
  12. tig519

tig519 Member

When you feel hot flashes- PLEASE take your BP.

My personal experience after 3+ months was extremely high BP.

I was very enthused when I started on this drug. It was so much better than Lyrica until it put my health at risk by raising my BP to very dangerous levels.
  13. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

You may see this in my other post, but wanted to put it here for you too. I had said that the Savella was no longer helping me with my pain, but I was wrong. yesterday and today I cut back to 25mg twice a day to see if it could possibly be the Savella muddling my brain, but after church today we went to eat and by the time I got there, I was MISERABLE. I had that awful all over aching pain.

I took 50mg after I got there and feel some better now, but I feel for the people going through any kind of withdrawal. My DH said I shouldn't play around with my stuff!!! For once, he might be right! LOL
  14. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

You may see this in my other post, but wanted to put it here for you too. I had said that the Savella was no longer helping me with my pain, but I was wrong. yesterday and today I cut back to 25mg twice a day to see if it could possibly be the Savella muddling my brain, but after church today we went to eat and by the time I got there, I was MISERABLE. I had that awful all over aching pain.

I took 50mg after I got there and feel some better now, but I feel for the people going through any kind of withdrawal. My DH said I shouldn't play around with my stuff!!! For once, he might be right! LOL
  15. KKMK

KKMK New Member

I'm so glad to hear this is working for you. I talked to my Dr about it several months ago, but it can't be taken with my migraine pills so we are working hard on the migraines so that I cna try Savella. I so far have went from 25days of migraines a month to about 5 days so things are looking up. Even if I can't try the Savella 20 less days of migraines a month is wonderful. Please keep updating so I can live vicariously through you lol
  16. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Lol! After living vicariously through other people, I am glad to be on the other side for a change!

I really hope you can work it out to try Savella. My pain is so much less & I want my fellow sufferers to have some relief, too!

I have had migraines myself, though never 25 days a month, so I know those days of no migraines are a blessing to you.

I will keep you posted & I am trusting that others will soon be living vicariously through you!

Clementyne