Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by siestasuze, Nov 17, 2009.

1. siestasuze

siestasuze New Member

I have been on this "wonder RX" for about 3 full months. I can't believe this drug is not being advertised more!! It is the first real "working" rx that has helped clear the brain fog and helped me feel like actually getting out of bed and "wanting to have a life". The pain is still there, and I find myself overdoing and paying for it later, but to anyone out there with Fibro---

PLEASE. PLEASE give it a try. At least talk with your Dr. about it! The only side effects still having slight problem with is increased heart rate. And that can get a little scary, but my PCP thinks my body will adjust with a little time. BUT I FINALLY, FINALLY FEEL LIKE THERE IS HOPE FOR ALL OF US WITH THIS DREADED ILLNESS!

It has helped me get back into living my life, not as before I was diagnosed, but I'm not laying in bed 24/7! I'm able to enjoy being with my husband, family and friends for the first time in longer than I care to remember. So, kudos to 'SAVELLA", and if you have ??? then read patient comments on Happy Holidays and God Bless You All!!
  2. georgi

georgi New Member

I am so happy for you that you've finally found something that actually helps! I hope it continues to do so. My pcp prescribed Savella for me several months ago. I got a coupon for a free month and got it filled but never tried it. Scared of new drugs, like I have noticed a lot of us on this message board are. Plus I know it is expensive, even with insurance. May I ask how much it costs for you? It may be different, I live in Tulsa and have Aetna insurance...

Anyway thank you for the shout out of good news. Glad to hear of it!

Georgie :)
  3. siestasuze

siestasuze New Member

Hi Georgie:
    I really can't remember the cost of the savella, I do know that it was 1/3 the cost of cymbalta though. I have bcbs TN; I believe my copay for the savella is $ 20.00 per month. I am having some side effects from it like I stated earlier--my heart races every once in a while. But this is a listed known side effect. Before I tried it, I read many of the posts from patients who are on it or tried it on the SAVELLA website. I found it very helpful.

Yes, new meds are scarey, expecially when you're on as many meds as I am. But I am always willing to give new ones a try if they have good reviews.

Let me know if you read some of the posts on that web site, what you think? You'll be surprised. I believe the cost is so low because they don't advertise.?
  4. medievaldigger

medievaldigger New Member

At this point- if my heart rate is up, if whatever! I don't care, it feels good to be normal!