Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathugs, Jun 18, 2009.

1. cathugs

cathugs New Member

How are the ladies on Savella doing? Any updates?
    I have been on it for 36 days. So far, so good.I am really telling a difference in my fatigue. I feel like doing more things, but my darn foot
    puts a stop to a lot of it. I just "feel" better.

At least now I can tell the difference in a lot my pain. I used to did not know a lot of times if it was my OA, or the fibro. I have OA bad in my right hip and it is really bothering me. I live in a split level house and the steps are getting the best of me.

I wish I had never seen a split level, but when we bought the house
    in 1975, I could run up and down the steps. Now most of the time I have to pull my self up the steps.

I thought when I had my knees replaced things would be okay,but
    the old hips are holding me back now.

Have a Blessed Night.......((((cathugs))))

2. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

My doc gave me the Savella starter pack - 2 weeks.

I dropped the med for two reasons
    1. Not noticeable improvement.
    2. Cost. I'm already on a bag ful of medications now.
  3. ourlife

ourlife New Member

I was on Savella for two weeks and it made me a zombie...I am a very social person and it made me to where i didn't want to talk to anybody. it wasn't helping my pain anyway. I stopped it and am now taking Cymbalta. I hope it continues working for you..

4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thanks for the information. My physician and I are considering using it as a treatment for my FMS.

5. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

Cathugs - I've been on it now about as long as you.
    I'm still trying to decide if it has helped. I "think" it has, my head seems much less foggier and I'm not taking as much vicodin as I was.

I did crash really badly last week for some reason. I went to granddaughter's dance recital and smashed my thigh into a very sharp armrest, got a HUGE lump and bruise. Don't know if that's what started it, but for the next 3 days all I could do was sleep and eat and take pain pills.
    I felt much better yesterday - dare I say it - almost good. Even did some "light" housework for the first time in weeks.

The only big problem I'm having is that I'm hungry all the time now. I cannot gain any more weight. This could be a real problem for me as I should lose 50 pounds - not gain it.

I'm thankful I don't have stairs. When we bought our house I really wanted 2 stories- so glad I didn't do it.

6. dottiann

dottiann New Member

My Dr,is a darling man very cutting edge, he gave me savella about two months ago, thankfully it was a month's worth of freebies. I used them up and had it refilled but I got nothing but worse from it. Since it doesnt work with Cymbalta, i had discontinued that and without the Cymbalta, i felt as if i had been beaten with a lead pipe daily. I have been back on the cymbalta a month now and it is working as well as it ever has. Everything still hurts, can't sleep but i fall asleep at work because i am so tired. I can't walk from the parking lot to work without stopping at least once. And walking feels like there is a screwdriver in my spine.

No one wants to put the dreaded diagnosis fibro, in my chart, my rheumatologist in all honesty told me it is bad to be branded with it. Insurance companied prefer to believe it is all in your head and, as we all know behave accordingly.. Well if it is in my head that is just one more place that hurts.
    Having a bad one, but i am still alive and kicking Savilla just isn't for me.
  7. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm trying this med out now. I'll be going on 50 mg come Sunday. I have a little less pain so far, but bad headaches, some mood swings, some anxiety, and TONS OF FATIGUE!

I shall see how long these side effects continue, especially with a higher dosage.

I'll let you know! If I forget to, remind me too, because I've been forgetting a lot more while on this med and I had some memory problems before, but I don't remember taking some food out of the frigerator when I went to get some milk. I asked my cousin why his barbeque sauce was on the table, when I actually put it there. I was convinced I didn't, until he convinced me otherwise. Then I lost my phone and when I finally found that I went to the store without my purse, and had to drive all the way back home and get it. Luckily they didn't ask to see my license when I gave them my credit card to pay for it, because I lost that too yesterday. I'm not forgetting much today because I didn't do anything, lol. Too tired.

Fight ;)
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I've been on Savella about 3 months?? The only side effect that bothers me is the flushing and sweating. The pain is about the same as it was when I was on Lyrica but I have lost 30lbs. that the Lyrica caused me to gain.....wooooo hooooo:)

Over all I much prefer Savella to Lyrica.

9. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Weaning off cymbalta and now i am taking 50 mg savella I don't feel much different. I am still hopeful it will work for me. BTW what is LDN?
  10. lovinsportsmom628

lovinsportsmom628 New Member

OMG. Sounds just like my situation. I started approx. 2 months ago n I was feeling great until my Back started up with me! N I live in a tri-level with Bursitis in both hips. Ra in knees n my back issue I wish I never seen stairs again! But 4 the most part it is definetly helping my fatigue n allover feeling with the fibro. I haven't been on the board 4 2 months though cause of my back. Well hope everyone else is doing better.
    Small Hugs,
  11. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Hi Debra,
    I am still on Savella. I think I started in May. I take 50mg. twice daily. I am like you, I have profuse sweating with the least exertion. The med. has helped my feet and legs more than anything. The upper body, not so much. I am still on Vicodin, muscle relaxers and clonazepam.

I have lost 20 lbs while on this, and yes it was weight I had gained while on Lyrica also.

My ins. doesn't pay very much on mine, so my rheumy has been giving me a lot of samples. That really helps.
    I order mine and for 3 mo. supply I have to pay 199.00.
    But I intend to keep on taking it for the weight loss benefits if nothing else. That is the only med I have ever tried that did not make me gain weight.

My dr. said all of his other patients were complaining of weight gain and I was the only one losing any.
    What ever ,I am just glad to be losing.

Good luck with yours and keep us posted on how you are doing. (((cathugs)))
  12. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I have been on Savella for about 6 months now and really feel the difference. I have more energy and the pain has improved. I made it through the holidays without weeks in bed afterwards. That is a first !!