Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rozia, Jul 15, 2009.

1. rozia

rozia New Member

has anybody tried it and does it work
  2. cathugs

cathugs New Member

rozia...yes Savella does work. There are a lot of posts on here that will
    give you a lot of info.

I have been on it for about 2 1/2 months. I can tell it is helping, but
    you have to get it in your system good. You don't start out feeling better on the first day.

Some of the folks had to stop because of side affects, and some are doing good. It works on people differently.
    My side affects have been nausea and excessive sweating.
    The nausea is bearable. I haven't had to take anything for it. It will just fleetingly come and go. The sweating is pretty bad, but I can handle it.
    Maybe I won't be so cold this winter. LOL.

It is really helping my fatigue and stiffness. I have a lot of major pain with osteoarthritis. I have it in all my major joints. I have already had both knees replaced and total replacement in my left shoulder.

I know I am still going to have pain,but I am hoping to get the level down. Sometimes it is hard to tell where the pain is coming from.

I know the awful pain in my arms and hands is a lot fibro. My nerve endings feel like they are raw. It is such a burning stinging pain.

Is your dr. wanting to start you on Savella? If you do please keep us posted. We have several threads on here about it.

Oh yeah, one of the side affects is weight loss, and I have lost about
    12 lbs already. I am loving that because I really need to lose the weight that Lyrica put on me and all the antidepressants that came before Lyrica.