Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Jan 13, 2012.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Well, I am on week 5 of taking Savella & I am sorry to say that it doesn't seem to be working as well now. I was so excited because my pain level was WAY down. It is not as bad as before I started taking it but I am definitely having more pain now.

I'm not ready to give up by any means but I was hoping some of you could tell me if you have experienced this while taking Savella?

On the plus side I don't think I'm having the other side effects that some of you warned me about.

2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

In my first 6 weeks my pain was WAY down - so much so that I only took 18 pain pills in those 6 weeks. Unfortunately I have never gotten that part back but I had minimal side effects - some warm spells and heartburn mostly. Even upping the dose didnt work for pain but I wanted it for fatigue anyway and it REALLY worked for that tho. Good luck with it. I love it
  3. clementyne

clementyne New Member

Did you notice your energy level up right away? I haven't noticed an increase myself - although my DH says he thinks he does. I think it's just that I don't hurt so much & I get around easier. I'm hoping I will soon notice an increase in energy soon.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

4. cyren888

cyren888 New Member

to Tyne..yes, I've been on savella for nearly a year now. And, like you, it was great at first, with very little side effects, but now, I don't see that it is working very much, if at all. I was very excited at first, thinking it was going to be the thing I had been looking for, but ultimately, it was not.. Sorry to say, I do not think that any one drug out there is going to take it all away...some drugs work for some, and some don't work for many at all.
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

My doc gave it to me for fatigue in the first place. I have been on about 9 months and it still works for the fatigue. Too much actually gives me more pain so I have to adjust the dose according to the time of the month. Some times I need 200 sometimes only 150