Saw a picture

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Misfit101, May 30, 2010.

1. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I finally was able to see a picture of a tick bite with the accompanying rash before the memory on my phone was full and the image blipped off. I got sick to my stomach when i realized id had a bite that was almost identical to that picture! When i would think of the word "rash" i imagined something entirely different i gotta call my do next wk. Yeesh. How could i have missed that???
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Public health is not educating the public like they should. The fact you even had a rash is a positive - my son never did, many don't.

Estimates of having no rash range as high as 50% - meaning up to 50% don't have a rash. Also they can occur atypically.

Then of course you have to remember about bartonella "cat scratch" fever - those rashes can look like cat scratches but also can present atypically.

The other 'sign' (with or without a rash) is having a flu like presentation. As if anyone would even think about it...

There's so much to learn, don't let it get you down or overloaded... hope you've gone over to lymenet to ask about doctors?

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

It is a bit overwhelming. I have been to lymenet several times...but i cant join the flash discussion. And i cant access canlyme at all. The ilads site is too big for me to be able to do much and i cant download any of the files. I did find a post somewhere about a LLMD in okla...and when i clicked on it, it brought me to an old post from 2005 on THIS site! I wrote the dr name down anyway. And dh is going to ask his coworker to have lunch so i can pick his brain. And find out who and where his dr is. Im hoping to get some info from him. I did have a moment of a breakdown when i saw that picture. I never put things together. Thats what i get for not being more proactive about my own health.
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Oh my, you must be having alot of trouble accessing information....I did not realize that.

Is there any way that I can help you? Is your connection too slow or what is the problem?

Do you know why you cannot access the flash discussion and can't download any files on the ILADS site?

Can you receive email without problems?