Saw CFS Ad in People Magazine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockymtnmom, Nov 6, 2006.

1. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I was so surprised when I saw the ad in People - it made me feel so legitimate!!!

I wish that FM could be represented that way too.

Having the CDC on board made it really carry weight.

I have it taped to my mirror.

I knew it would be in some publications - but in People it will reach so many regular folks!

Thank you all who were involved in this!!!

Kim
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

That's great. I did not think it was going to be released until the 15th. I would have missed it. Who is on the cover? I want to make sure I buy the correct issue.

The CFIDS Grassroots Association is doing a great job. Please consider joining. It can only help people with FM also.
  3. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

The Ad is in the November 12 issue of PEOPLE Magazine, which for reasons I don't understand, pre-dates its issues. The Nov 12 issue was released last Thursday (Nov 2) to Newsstands. I received it Fri in the mail.

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe are on the cover.

The ad is not too far in, I'm sorry I don't have the page #.

I was struck by how powerful it is. It depicts a woman facing a mirror looking like she is tired and in pain.

The letters used in the ad look "shattered" - like many of us feel.

The caption says:

"My MEMORY is shot. My legs feel like LEAD. EVERY MUSCLE in my body is SCREAMING. So why do people think the problems are all in my head?"

AWESOME!!!!
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

that sounds like a relly good ad.Thanks for letting us know about it.
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Kim, thanks for letting us know about it! I'll be on the lookout at my DDS office this week where I get caught up on People mag.

Marta
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Thanks for the info. I will see if someone will get one for me.