Saw New Doc RE: Peptide Injections

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He is my new PCP so he wrote all my scripts for me and added another one because my BP and pulse rate are too high, even with the meds I'm taking. I come in again in a month for a BP check. We kind of want to get the BP settled before I start the injections. He'll be in Prague in May so I probably won't even start the injections until June or my appt. in July. That's fine with me as the Sjogren's symptoms aren't especially flaring right now and I'm just a bit better.

There is one injection which will cover FMS, CFIDS and Sjogren's. The first two are given two weeks apart and the third a month later. If, at that time, there is no improvement, the injections are discontinued. If there is improvement, I will be taking the injections monthly for a few months and gradually spacing them out and finally stopping them. Everyone's system is different. Younger patients' systems can more easily incorporate the correct peptide sequences than older patients.

I like this doctor and, even if I don't do the injections, he is very knowledgable about our illnesses. He says I present with classic cases of these illnesses. Even though I have all the symptoms of Sjogren's, the lab work doesn't support a diagnosis yet. It really doesn't matter as far as the injections go. The one formula will work if I have it and it will work for my FMS and CFIDS as well.

So, my friends, I don't have much to tell and won't until I start the injections but thought I'd update y'all. Thanks for your interest.

Love, Mikie
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Thanks for the update Mikie. Do you mind mentioning how much this might end up costing, if you know? Do you know if Medicare covers this?

I can't remember how you came across this idea and was just wondering: do you know someone who has tried this (here or elsewhere)?

looking forward to your updates in any case!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you can get things to stay managed and under control. Good luck with the cardiologist. I had a cardio workup about five years ago or so. I think it's a good thing to do.

As soon as I have anything to report about the injections, I will but it'll likely be a few months.

Take care.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Medicare covers the office visit but not the injection material. It comes from Europe. The injections cost $300 each at this office but docs can charge what they want for them. My doc claims he and his partner do not profit from the injections themselves. The injections are made in a lab where the peptides are manipulated to obtain the desired sequence for the particular illness(es).

For most older people; i.e., not teenagers, it takes ten injections before the body learns to "assemble" peptides in the proper sequence. This is simplistic because I don't know that much about how the body actually does this but I do know that illness is often connected to incorrect sequences of peptides and it shows up in our plasma. This is consistent with the latest studies which show different proteins in PWC. Peptides are the building blocks of amino acids/proteins.

The first two injections are given two weeks apart and another one a month later. If, at that time, there is no improvement, they are discontinued. My doc believes the injections will help because he said I have classic cases of FMS, CFIDS, and likely, Sjogren's. He told me that the injections often make people feel great immediately. That improvement may last til the next injection or not. Everyone is different and different systems take different amounts of time to "learn" to use the properly sequenced peptides.

My latest research shows that in the US, the FDA is running trials of peptide injections for RA, Type I Diabetes and asthma. I think it's a good time for me to get the injections. If the FDA ever approves the injections for my illnesses, some pharma will likely produce them at a HUGE profit and my insurance would not cover them. It's going to cost me at least $3,000 as it is. I can't afford it but if it cures me (and you know how I hate the "C" word) it will be worth the sacrifice.

Love, Mikie
  5. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I'll be following your updates with much interest.I'm such a sceptic it takes a lot of research to get me to even hope for something to help.Thanks for sharing this.