Saw new doctor today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetClo, Jan 14, 2003.

1. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

and I think I'm going to like this guy. He asked questions and then guess what.....he listened to what I said!!! He drew some more labs and wrote me a script for Elavil and Darvocet. I told him that I had palpations with the Elavil once before but he said he thought the palpations were from anxiety episodes and he wants me to try it again. And I feel comfortable with it since I have a good feeling about this doc. I asked tons of questions and he patiently answered all of them. One thing I asked was why men (most men) don't react the same with deprivation of level 4 sleep and he said that it was the body's way of allowing women to carry children. He said that women's bodies have the ability to "turn on and off" the autoimmune responses so we are able to carry children without problems and that is why most women actually do better with FM when they are pregnant and their autoimmune system is in the off position. I know it sounds very simplistic and that it's much more complicated but it was just what my foggy brain could understand. Maybe things are going to get better.

((((hugs))))
    Annette
  2. blessings

blessings New Member

I am so happy you have found a doctor that is not only giving you good care, but also takes the time to listen and answer your questions. I found the autoimmune responses to be very interesting re; differences in male and female bodies , and why...I think you will be better..someone that will take you seriously and doctor you. Happy for you, blessings
  3. lmn

lmn New Member

Good for you! It's so nice to hear that you found a dr. sending out good vibes. I hope it all works out for you.
    lmn