Saw new dr today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinelson, Jun 22, 2006.

1. kinelson

kinelson New Member

hi all. I find myself coming often to this web site for information. My primary care dr retired last month. I had him for close to 15 years.

I had a bad flare up two weeks ato and I went to another dr who basically told me I have fibro, its chronic, get used to it, and left the room.

So today i try another dr. he is going to run some tests but only the normal everyday blood tests, he says then we do a physical and go from there. Physical is July 6!!

He said that I should exercise in a pool daily, and walk. Appparently this guy doesn't understand I work full time and am too darn tired after work to do much of anything. Ant besides, the only pool around is the Y and after work in the summer time they are full of kids.

Then he said he doesn't believe in giving narchotics for fibro...i have been taking percocet and/or vicodine for years if and when i needed it to help with pain.

I want my old dr. back!!!
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Oh my, I feel for you. There is nothing worse than to deal with the pain that we have, then have to see a new Dr. that will not comply with your medical needs.

Did you have your previous medical records with you or were they sent to this Dr.? Your meds should be listed in your chart.

So, now you are stuck with no meds until after your physical? I would ask friends, neighbors, etc. about another Dr., even if you had to travel a little; it would definitely be worth it.

Good luck in what you decided and keep us posted,

BlueSky555