Saw New Neuro Doc...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Mar 31, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Well my sx have been getting worse. My legs hardly work, my hands are horribly numb and I cannot do anything without complete muscle fatigue. I also have alot of tremors and muscle twitches.

So anyway I saw the neuro he does his test. Tels me we will run labs to start over. Lets do labs and then do muscle test. Mri was normal.

So labs came back normal today. o now they are doing the muscle test. Can't remember the name sorry.. It is the needle one?

But right after the Neuro saw me he called my primary and said he has never seen a person have a postive on all of the neuro exams?? ( positives in neuro terms is not good. Negatives is good) And now we are all confused. He said usually a person has one or two things positive and it leads them in a directions but mine were all positive so we are all scratching our heads??

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I knew you would respond...thank you...

Actually I am not hurting so much I can't use any muscles they won't work. I mean I hurt but not any worse that is actually getting somewhat better. It is the neurological sx that are new that have appeared over the last 2 months that have gotten worse and not better.
    My Neurological exams are getting worse. See we would have normal neuro exams not ones that show positives results. Postives are bad. A negative is normal in Neuro terms. Positives are not so good. The labs would be a good sign because then it would have been something easy like a vit deficiancy or thyroid.

I can't take muscle relaxers because for some reason they make my restless leg syndrome go bonkers..

Thanks so much bet. I alwys look forward to seeing you respond:)
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I can't walk much also-I think that this will be my last repky.because I can't lift my arms-jusy wanted you to know that I understood.linda
  4. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Thank you..
    I sit here crying because you took the time to reply.
    It means so much that you wanted me to know I am not alone. Bless you..
    Thank you so much..
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    Have you ever been tested for Lyme disease? The symptoms of numbness, tremor, twitching and fatigue are all symptoms of Lyme. I found out about 5 months ago that I have lyme disease. This was after seeing countless doctors and not one really knowing what wrong with me.
    I hope you find the help you need!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  6. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

Thanks for responding so i'm not the only one that nedds something a little stronger.
  7. mom4three

mom4three New Member

infact I just had to go back on my patch. My pain was way too severe. Don't feel bad if you need medication. Why live in pain. Find a doctor that understands this. Maybe you can find one that is just outside of Texarkana? I used to live in Texas. OUtside of Houston. My parents live outside of Sanderson right now.

Search and search until you find someone. Don't suffer. There is no need to. I truly believe there are different degrees and severities of this disease. I think they are going to find that not everybody with FMS can exercise and take low doses of things and be fine.

I wish you great luck:)