Saw OrthoHaving another lumbar fusion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Mar 30, 2006.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

He's so booked, I won't have the fusion (a three level lower back fusion) until the 6th of July!! BUT, wanted you all to know.

I haven't been around so much lately. My neck and arms hurt so much, I try to limit my computer time. I've had to double up on my meds, and I'm still SO miserable every day. What can you say, huh??

Anyway, he's going to go through the abdomen, take out the hardware that's already in there, go up two more levels, and secure the discs with BAK cages.

I'll be in the hospital for 5 days, one or two of which will be ICU-he likes his patients to have 1:1 nursing care. Which is great, but not crazy about being in ICU!

On the other hand-good news!! I FINALLY WON MY SSD!!!
    They took me back to July of 2004. I know most of the back pay will go to my lawyer and the State's long-term disability, but this will be a big pressure off my husband to have to keep me on his insurance!

SO...we have to focus on the good as much as we can, right?? You all take care! Hugs. PG
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry to hear abou the surgery, but if it is successful and helps that is what counts...

jodie