Saw Psychologist today..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dlee, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Dlee

Dlee New Member

Hi everyone I hope this has been a great day for everyone,lots of sunshine here makes me feel happy in this depressing time with this DD.I went for my first vist today with a Psychologist my mother set up the appt.for me ,she felt like I needed someone too talk to and yes she was right(moms know best)lol.Yes I'm depressed,but he told me something that I have not even thought about or seen a post about it.I'm going though a grieving period,That i'm working on excepting this DD(because I have to realizing my limitation now)that I grieve for my old self.That makes so much sense too me.The way I feel, wish for the good times again-being able to go places and not think about tommorrow.How I wish for yesterday.I hope this makes sense too everyone......gentle HUGS and a pain free TOMMORROW...Donna

P.S.Are there anyone eles feels like this?

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2003]
  2. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I really understand what you mean about going throught the greiving period. I won't tell you how long it has been for me but it has been a very long time. It is hard to beleive there was a time that Ihad a job, lunch dates with co-workers, shoping at lunch, going to the health club before work, so many things in my life. Now it is a good day if I can do a few things around the house. Greiving is a good way of explaining it. I reallllllllly undestand! I still wake up each morning hoping this will be the day that it will be gone- maybe I just need to take a reality check. I am glad you have found someone to talk to.
  3. mellow

mellow New Member

Yes I think we do go through a grieving period for who we once were and what we were able to do. It is very difficult to accept that you now have limitations and I think because we look well we are expected to continue as we always have done. I also think we hide our feelings and pain from most people because they just don't understand. I have accepted that I have limitations and have learnt to say "no" if I am unable to do things. If people don't understand I don't let it upset me but try to explain that just because I may look fine I don't always feel well. The important thing is to make time for what you really want to do and enjoy yourself too. Luv Mellow
  4. Dlee

Dlee New Member

Thanks LindaW and Mellow for your response.This is such a great board you guys are allsome(sp)...Donna