Saw the join the "chitchat" on fm forum

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by raven5000, Apr 5, 2008.

1. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

So here I am...I've been before but seem to get no response here! I hope I wasn't one of the "off topic" ppl that you meant! I do try to cheer ppl up because I know I need a good laugh to get me through!

I was reading some of the threads and am going to look at these "porch volume" topics that are mentioned to the "newbies"

I've seen some of you in the chatrooms and am looking forward to making this a regular check in too!

PS...just looked at one of the porch threads...I feel awful, but they are just too long for me to read. I can't concentrate for that long and don't know so many of you. They look like a lot of fun and wish this dang fibro fog wasn't so severe. I tend to stay away from long threads in the fm forum as well, or only read the first few replies. (now who's calling the kettle black by posting their own long one!) LOLL!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2008]

PPS..ahhahahh...I just looked up the "new to boards" link..and low and behold..there was DD=darn/damn disease!!! this seems to be quite a useless post, but will leave it here anyway!!![This Message was Edited on 04/05/2008]
  2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Hello Raven,
    Welcome to the Chit Chat board. I personally love this side of the board because this is a place I can come to just to be with people and enjoy myself and not have to talk about this DD all the time.

The porch is a wonderful place and you dont have to remember everyone's name just pop in and say hello to just sit a spell and enjoy some of the conversation.

If you like to garden I have started a thread called the Garden Com Post that you are welcome to come join. Even if you don't garden or like container planting or just a few house plants come on over and join us.

Just sit back and relax here....we are all laid back and just enjoy life as pain free as possible.

Glad to see a new face and I hope to see you around!
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hi Raven! Welcome!
    A lot of people here have trouble with long posts and long threads, so you are not alone. I unfortunately have more trouble not MAKING long posts. But I do throw in a lot of paragraph breaks so people can catch their breath.

I see you like to read, garden, hummingbirds and movies. This is a great place to discuss all those things. We have quite a few tv show topics too (when there IS tv), like American Idol, House, Lost, Survivor, Dancing w t Stars. When Desp. Housewives returns I will be ready to chat about that one for sure! If you have a different fav, start a thread! Someone will join in! There is even a book club and a garden thread.

Love your picture! You look like such a professional. You are very pretty.

If you look at my profile right now, you will think I am insane! I posted this picture for Kjade to prove that one of the Survivor contestants looks nothing like David Cassidy. As soon as she sees it, it's coming down asap!

Glad you decided to give the chit chat board a second chance!
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi Raven!
    Nice to see you over here. THis is a great place to pop in however often you like. Everyone is very friendly and any and all topics are welcome. Very refreshing! Sometimes the FM board is too technical for me. So when I need a little lighter conversation, I come over here.
    Don't worry about it - I couldn't keep up with the "Porch" either. Stepped on...fell right off the other side...

Anyway - hope to see more of you here!
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I posted to you before or not. However, I do remember your picture in your bio. Wow, you are a lovely young lady. Yes, younger than I for sure, but that is not hard (-: !!

The CHIT CHAT side of the board is alot of fun and you can do whatever you want with it for the most part including recipe sharing, venting, talking abouat whatever you enjoy, etc, etc. Don't worry about not being able to keep up. Everyone does what they can, esp on the Porch. As Elaine said I believe it is a nice break from all the pain and problems many of us face.

I am one of those crazy Porch people like Elaine. We have lots of fun. Some people are more or less regulars and pop in most days depending how we feel and our "real" schedules. Some just pop in for a visit now and then. One does not need to mention all the names of the people posting each time either, I know I don't. A generic post will do as they call it, like "Hi or bye everyone". See how easy ??

However, you will find your nitch. Just relax and check around " and lurk" to see what is going on and where you would like to post. You probably already know about the FM side which has lots of good info to share as friendly fun people also.

Just ask if you have any questions.

Again, so glad to meet you Raven. What a pretty name also.

Hugs and blessings,

6. jole

jole Member

We have a good time, but do get to know each other and make closer friendships over time on this site. We are definitely a family that laughs together and cries together.

It may take awhile to feel totally comfortable with everyone, but please don't give up, okay? Friendships do take awhile anywhere, but are definitely worth the effort. Great to have you here with all of us!
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Well said by Jole !!! Hope to see you around the boards including CHIT CHAT. .

Hugs and blessings,

8. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I would also like to welcome you here. I don't post very often, but I do eaves drop all the time....LOL. This is probably the first group I've found that isn't "cliqueish" and everyone seems to be friendly to everyone. It seems that no one gets ignored on here. Have fun and enjoy the ride!
  9. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

Rocky...thanks..I felt horrible saying I couldn't read the long posts..too daunting!

And all of you who made such wonderful remarks about my pic *blush...I have to "fess up". That was the Pre-Fibro me. I WAS a Realtor, but haven't been able to work since july 06. There is NO WAY I would TAKE, or POST a pic of me now! I have gained 70lbs because I'm hardly able to move. My hair has not been cut since then, cant afford it, and is completely matted because it's so curly and I can't lift my arms to shampoo or brush it or my head hurts so much that I can't even touch my head! Most days I can't lift my legs to get into shower so rely on the ole' washcloth to take care of hygiene! I am mostly in my jammies and robe since it's hard to get dressed, and I have bags upon bags under my eyes as I haven't slept in a year and a half! But, I like to remember the old me and wish I could lose weight, sleep, and MOVE again. It's hard to get used to the shell of what I used to be.

And YES!!! I love, love, love my hummers! They are here year round and the feeder is right outside the window I can see and it cheers me up no end!

ANddddd...I too, have a hard time READING long posts, but find that I don't have a hard time TYPING long posts!..lollll

When you get to know me, you will find that I love to laugh and joke around. I feel so depressed most of the time and suffer with bipolar disorder as well, that I have to try to find the funny things and hold onto them for dear life!

Thanks again Rocky..I've been working on those FM excersizes! LOLLL

Glad to meet you all and look forward to "chatting" with you soon
  10. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

It's good to have you with us here on ChitChat. You've found a good support group. We need you here as much as you need us. We all add value to this board.

You don't have to feel bad about not being able to read long posts. I cannot do that either. It's this dd. We all understand. I think it helps a lot when the writer leaves lots of white space between every couple lines. But, just skip over whatever is too challenging. Or tiring.

I have fibro. too. Also, Osteoarthritis. So, I get to those two boards as well as this one. We will bump into each other often.

I love hummingbirds too. I don't have a feeder since my window is very near to a parking lot. But, I have a pretty blue hummingbird suncatcher near the window. I had a feeder in my pre fibro life when I lived in a house with a big yard. I'd get sooo excited when a hummingbird would come by! Aren't they amazing?? I'd mix up my sugar water, fill the feeder, and eagerly await those little wonders!

Is all that natural curl?? Wow! You have great hair! But, if it's hard to fix it, maybe we can all get our heads together and come up with an easy, wash and wear style that will look beautiful too. It's your call. Just let us know.
    It's so hard to shampoo and condition my hair in the shower. So, I do understand.

Happy to have you with us on ChitChat board. Hugs to you.

11. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

Thanks mystic..will do..are our myspace websites considered against rules as well as email addresses, as that was my website address? I'll delete it anyway!

And thanks's natural..and halfway down my back now, so I'm thinking of pulling a Britney Spears and SHAVING IT OFF, or maybe DREDLOCKS..whatdya think??

12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes the porch can be too long sometimes and too fast. Yu can always pop in for a quick coffee from time to time though! It is always OK to just post your own topic and put Newbie: need people to chat with.

Welcome. Annie
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

As many other's have said, this is a GREATTTTTTTT (think Tony the Tiger..) board.

Whatever sanity I have (lol) is maintained by the many loving members who support and cheer everyone on.

I was diagnosed with Fibro/CF in 2003, and diagnosed with Bi-Polar in 2000. Until they finally figured out what was wrong with me, I was on an anti-D,only. Well all BP's know that's the worse thing for us! Very manic episodes followed by deep depression. Praise be when I was put on a med regimine which included a ' mood stablizer'!! I do have problems with depression, still.

I am sorry you feel so awful. Come here and share with us! Difficult moments are a tad easier when we share our 'load'. You'll end up having fun too!

Hugs to you!

14. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Yes, dreadlocks would be very nice! We have one member of this board who is especially fond of dreadlocks. Of course, I won't mention any names. lol Stick around and you'll find out who it is:~)

However, warm weather is coming. Maybe we should all shave our hair off in anticipation of the season.You go first. haha.

Hugs. dolores
  15. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

Doloresss....NO WAYYYY..YOU go first !!!!!

Rocky...Love reggae, but don't know anyone's name, I'll check it out!

can't wait to see who you're talking about with the dreds!

and the only prob I see with dreds is that if I ever wanted to get rid of themm...I'd have to SHAVE my head ANYWAY!!!!! lollll...TALK ABOUT A CATCH 22!

Letting my hair down in Seattle!