Say a prayer for me..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Mar 19, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

I am going to my rhemy tomorrow. He confirmed by dx of FMS over a year ago and has been doing his best trying to treat me but nothing has worked. So I am going down the disability path. The very first time I met him he said " I will treat you but will not get involved in disablity" At the time, I did not even imagine I would need disability. Well, a year later I am here needing to get a disability retirement. It is a fairly short form to fill out ( 2 pages ) but I am scared he is going to reject it..and me.

I can not imagine starting all over again looking for a new doctor. It took me 15 years to get dx!!I am bringing my husband so that he can reinforce that this is soooo important.

Any suggestions and prayers appreciated,
    jmq
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

That is all I can say let us know how you get on!!!
  3. Shalala

Shalala New Member

... for a DR to refuse to fill out that paperwork. grrrrrr I am really grumpy tonight ... want me to yell at him for ya? That is soooooooo wrong. My Neuro's office will fill them out for $5 a pop. Although I don't trust them to do it right ... the girl wrote on my appt card Fri 3/20/07 and they called me by the wrong name and had my address wrong. Scarey huh?

(((((((((((((( hugs and prayers jmq ))))))))))))))))
    let me know if you want me to yell at him ;-)
  4. moab341

moab341 New Member

Prayers are going up for you!
  5. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

I'll be praying for you.
  6. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

jmq i'm wondering if he will fill them out because your not going down the disabilty route like some of us. you want him to let you retire because of your disablity. i would think that would be something completely different. let us know what happens.....SueF
  7. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi jmq--
    i agree with empty--mention that only you need to be off until their is a cure, hopefully will be soon but at this point, you can't make it through the day at home without resting X# of minutes X# of times/day, etc.
    do you have any forms or diaries to back up your activity/pain levels? Someone just posted a great 10 page questionairre that goes into alot of detail re: what you can and can't do and for how long.

GOOD LUCK to you, at least this doc BELIEVES in it, and that is half the battle.
    MAYBE he says that to all new patients to "weed out" the ones that are disab doc shopping and now that he knows you, will support you--i hope so--L
  8. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you sooo much...it worked! I brought in my dear hubby and started to talk to the doctor about the hell I am in..and the doctor, as usual,interupted me and said what do you want from me...I cant make you better!..with that my husband took over and told him about my disabilty retirement and how much worse I am than I have ever been. He said...NO PROBLEM..give me the forms and I will do it over the weekend at home!!! I almost fell off the chair. I started crying and could not stop! I was so relieved...he turned to me and said...didnt you know that you cant work anymore??? I told him I was afraid that if i stop working, I would loose part of myself...I have been working since I am 16..and i am 52! I expected to at least last another year...but cant. He actually gave me a HUG!!!! I am actually so exhausted that I am unable to move today just from that emotional hour at his office.

Anyway, now I go to my GP on Monday who I know will do it...I think I may actually have the most difficulty with my supervisor who does not want me to quit. At least that was before my leave. Maybe without me for 6 weeks, they will figure out how to do things without me.

Again, thank you all ...I still need advise on this journey and do not know what I would do without your support!!!

Hugs to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jmq
  9. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi jmq, SO HAPPY FOR YOU, to have found some support for your dis. quest! Good for you!--L
  10. Ginner

Ginner New Member

for your rheumy!