say welcome to EXMECHANIC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Exmechanic, glad to have you here on the board. This is an understanding and supportive community.

I used to be an outdoors-person myself. Used to hike all over the famous Burgess Shale in BC, Canada, picking up fossils and old trilobites. Later I moved to the Okanagan and became a crystal-hound, because of all the great volcanic formations there. You could find the most incredible blue volcanic glass there. Physical exertion and hard work had always been a big part of my life.

There are many of us who can identify with you. There are no words that can describe the anguish of losing an active lifestyle, or of having no one near you believe you about what's wrong.

On this message board, we are all in it together.

Members, check out exmechanic's bio and write into this thread if you have simaler interests to his. :)

Hope to hear more from you.
    (((hugs))) from all of us
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

This board is a good starting point to find info about this DD. I did respond to your post of feeling alone. As I said in my reply you are not alone here. I looked at you bio after I replied to your post, glad to see that you filled it in.

The bios help give you an idea of what a persons interests are so that helps in relating with that person. I've been house bound for quit a while now and visit this board often.

I see that we have alot of the same interests. I used tobe a jack of all trades also. Roofing, carpentry, autos ,you name it, I could fix it most of the times.

This DD is a life changing illness and forces anybody that has it to reinvent them selfs to match what they now are able to do versus what they used to be able to do.

I hope that your family menbers learn to except this illness because it will not just go a way. I don't know if you have showed them the letter to normals yet or not. If you haven't you should, It will help them to understand what you are going through.

My family has been understanding about this DD but I still printed it out and gave each one a copy to read just so they know.

I hope things get better for you and that you family sees that this DD is not an easy thing to live with and cope with every waking day. I would give almost anything to be normal again.

1 of many of your new freinds.

Jake
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Yust tink. Tree more veeks of vinter and den da robins come back. Ya, yu betcha.

Here in Los Angeles I go to meetings of The Sons of Norway. Everybody in the group is from the old country (MN) or has relatives there. I have heard the names of a dozen little towns I never heard of while I lived in MN.

Well, OK, to be rigorously honest, I think there are two members who are not from MN. One is from Wisconsin and one from S. Dakota. Haha.