Saying Goodbye & Thank You

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie F, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I hadn't planned on saying goodbye but then thought better of it.

Being here has been a wonderful experience for me and I have been very Blessed to be able to help so many members.
    I have not only wonderful memories, I have thousands of Thank You's from the members to remind me why I have been Blessed with this knowledge.

I am opposed to the way she banned everyone and can no longer work with such lack of compassion.
    The site has received much mail saying that the majority of you agreed with their decision. So, I would never go against the majority.

No one has profitted more from my being here than this site.

I am always willing to help any of you by E-mail, as I have all along.

Doors do not close without others opening. My knowledge is needed and will not be silenced. It just will no longer be here.

May God Bless and Keep each of you and remember.

You must find the things that make you truly happy and add as many as you are able to it.
    Pain can not thrive where laughter is exists!

Jackie F--raymondfontes@sbcglobal.net
  2. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

I hadn't planned on saying goodbye but then thought better of it.

Being here has been a wonderful experience for me and I have been very Blessed to be able to help so many members.
    I have not only wonderful memories, I have thousands of Thank You's from the members to remind me why I have been Blessed with this knowledge.

I am opposed to the way she banned everyone and can no longer work with such lack of compassion.
    The site has received much mail saying that the majority of you agreed with their decision. So, I would never go against the majority.

No one has profitted more from my being here than this site.

I am always willing to help any of you by E-mail, as I have all along.

Doors do not close without others opening. My knowledge is needed and will not be silenced. It just will no longer be here.

May God Bless and Keep each of you and remember.

You must find the things that make you truly happy and add as many as you are able to it.
    Pain can not thrive where laughter is exists!

Jackie F--raymondfontes@sbcglobal.net
  3. aundi_girl

aundi_girl New Member

For everthing you have done.

You are a true Gem.

Love & Hugz,
    Aundi
  4. Cheka

Cheka New Member

I am just so, so sad!! I'm still trying to absorb this.
    Thank you for posting your e-mail! I will contact you as soon as I can pull myself together. I truly DO NEED you!!
    Love,
    Debbie
  5. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I am so sorry things turned out this way. The short time I have been here, it has been a pleasure to read what you have to share with us all.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    Peace & Happiness,
    Lanie
  6. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

I am sorry to see you go, I have received so much great information from you and I have made alot of friends. But sadly this board has been going downhill real fast of late. I thank you so much for all your hard work, all the time you spent unselfishly without pay for this site. It was a job not many would want to do. I don't know what all transpired to make you leave but this board is losing a great moderator, it is there loss. Maybe they should wonder what is actually going on here with all the banning one right after another. We will miss you alot.
    BonnieQ
  7. Suz

Suz New Member

That was a gracious goodbye but it breaks my heart. These are not idle words: this is a huge loss for the site. You are one outstanding woman and I hope some day I am at a conference or meeting and get to meet you in person. You have both my respect and my love.
    If you ever need a contact in my area, please feel free to call me and I will do anything I can for "the cause."
    If there is ever a meeting here, there is always a free room for you.
    Thank you for leaving it open for us to contact you with questions. I will likely take you up on that.
    Peace go with you.
    Suz
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

I haven't been on here long enough to know everyone like some do, but I'm sorry to see you leave Jackie..You were always there to lend a helping hand..I also don't know of everything that went on with this board, but I would guess you have a very good reason for leaving, because you were so dedicated.......
    Take Care.........God Bless.........
  9. blast

blast New Member

I am so confused and sad right now. You are a brave soul Jackie and I was just getting to know you.
    I hope you find what ever makes you happy in life and pass it on to others!
    I hope Ray knows what a babe he's got and how well you take care of him.. I am in the same boat as you, you may have read in my past posts, my hubby is in renal failure and sick very often with the last hospital stay almost death. Luckily ,the U of M is a great hospital and they put him on a respirator and pace maker and he is on a road to recovery. Anyway ,the point was that I also take care of my hubby and he appreciates me more than I do.
    Thanks again for the suggestion of the milk thistle the doc has ok'd it and can't wait to try it.
    Wow, this is so sudden I am in tears right now.
    Will keep in touch and talk about diabetes since we are both "doctors" are self in that area!!!!!!!
    Love and prayers to you,
    Blast (sherri)
  10. dojomo

dojomo New Member

All I can say is this makes me SAD. Tearful SAD. I admire your resource skills...your dedication, your knowledge, and your heart felt determination to help people make positive changes in their lives...
    But I know you can't be stopped and God will bring you to where your gifts are needed....Thank you for the inspiration and hope you have given me.........all my love.....DJ
  11. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have no idea what happened to cause this, but I am very sad to see you go. It must have been a big brouhaha indeed to push you out of the way.
    May God go with you as you continue to serve him.
    Hugs,
    Klutzo
  12. selma

selma New Member

I can't believe it !!!!!

I wanted to post a site during the day today. In fact, it's been on my mind All day. It scared mewhen I saw this.
    The site would have been titled--This is for Jackie F.
    I wanted to have everyone you helped write a thread. Only Happy and/or Informative/Thank-yous of how you have helped them.
    It's easy to criticise someone who has power. It's harder to be in the position of power. I've been there and done that. When you devote soo much of your time and energy, and feel it's not only not appreciated but also criticised
    it's hard to go forward. But we must. There will be a beautiful sunrise tomorrow.

Ive read your posts on both the Chit Chat board and the serious Regular one( Smile I don't even know what you call the board). Your info. is from your heart. You are really going to be missed. Only God can judge us. We must take care of each other.
    But, I think life will be a lot easier for you.
    I wish I had seen more posts by you and not just threads,
    but lucky to have seen those..Egs of just two: the one on albumen and leaky gut. Thought that just elim. the yoke would be fine. I'm slightly allergic to eggs. Better since I've eliminated them. Also the recent one on Milk Thistle extract. There are lots. I hope that you will post more as one of the regulars, Please. I'd really enjoy laughing with you. If not for this Life Line, I don't know where I'd be now.
    I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm getting better!! Thank-You, with all my heart, I wish you all that you want for yourself.

I hope that I can reach you by e-mail someday.
    Please take good care of yourself.

Love,Peace and Joy OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Selma
  13. Menolisongster

Menolisongster New Member

It is this board and these people who should be thanking you. You have put so much time and effort into keeping this thing going. I know it hasn't been easy for you. I know that your health and your Ray's health come first with you but the people here come in a close 2nd.
    You will be missed.
    I know the two sides of you. The public face you show the people here. Also the private face when you chat with people in emails.
    I want to continue speaking to the private Jackie. So I will be emailing you often.
    But are you truly all right. Your post seems oddly disjointed.
    Wishing you well.
    luv hugs and respect.
    menoli
  14. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I certainly did not expect to see a post like this!! Whenever I visit this site I always look to see what posts you have made and I have printed several. You have helped me in many ways by things you said to other people but that also pertained to me. I was looking forward to getting to know you better and learning more from you. I think (in my humble opinion and short time I've been here) that you have been an excellent, hard-working, caring moderator. I will miss you and I'm sorry about whatever events have brought you to this point. May God bless you and guide you to find new ways to use your many talents to help others.

Many blessings to you,
    Linda
  15. glow

glow New Member

I don't know what to say. When I first came to this site, you were kind of scarey to me. You knew so much and you were so blunt, I was not used to that. Since I have been here, you have helped me so much. I have come to really love and appreciate you. I cannot believe you are leaving.

I know this doesn't count for much, but for the record, there must be a lot of behind the scenes stuff about the banning because based on what I saw of the questionable posts, they did not merit a ban. Neither of them. I was shocked at that. I am more shocked by this.

I wish you well, good health and happiness and a lot less stress than you have had on this board. I will miss you terribly. I feel like someone has died. This is all so terrible. I don't know how any of this happened or why and I guess I never will. I don't think it is fair to those of us who will try to remain here and struggle on, not to know the cause of us losing such a valuable person as you.

I am sorry to see you go. I would ask you to reconsider, but my voice would just be one of a crowd. I know you well enough to know that this decision was not made lightly and you will not come back to the way things are. It is a big loss for Pro Health and a huge loss for me.
    love,
    goldie
  16. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

I havent been coming on here much but...I want you to know this.

You were one of the people who embrased me before I was diagnosed...guiding me tward standing up for myself...not taking crap from horrible doctors...and knowing when to say when. You have been a wonderful source for so many. You have touched me as you have countless others.

I dont know what has happened that has caused this. I just hope that this move..this change...is for you and no one else. You are the one who knows best what is good for you and if you have decided that this move is what is best..that is the way it is and that is the way it should be.

May God guide you...protect you...and bless you with the knowledge that you are loved...and how much you have touched the lives of others. With all the critisism that everyone throws here I hope you pull out of it what is the most valuable. That you are loving, giving, compassionate, and dedicated. I hope you take that with you...where ever you may be going.

Love....and peace in your continued journey with this horrible DD

Namaste
    Lisa
  17. j9miller

j9miller New Member

Jackie,

Words cannot express how much you mean to so many. Your support of this site and its members has always gone beyond remarkable. You have shared all of yourself - your personal experiences, what has worked and not worked for you, your everything. Thank you.

I personally will miss you. You have been an encourager, supoorter, disciplinarian, friend, confidant and so much more. Thank you.

You never asked others what you were not willing to do yourself. You brought so much to this place. Thank you.

I respect your integrity to do the right thing and I support you in your decision.

Thank you Jackie for everything.

Janine
  18. sunshine1954

sunshine1954 New Member

Jackie F

As A Newbie - tho I've read This Board for about 25 days now! I've Always Read Your Replies & Post! You've Inspired ME with Your Writings!

So therefore, I'm not so sure why you are leaving as a Moderator. BUT, truly believe "Your Heart" Is In the Right Place!

As A Fellow Sufferer Of FMS since 1990 & stumbled on this site within the past 30 days ! It Behooves Me With Your Quick Departure! However, if your reason to leave because your fellow sufferers were Banned - THEN I APPLAUD YOU for Actions!

May You Leave This Board Knowing You MADE A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE!!!!

19. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

I HOPE YOU GET TO RED ALL THESE REPLYS JACKIE I HAVENOT BEEN HERE ALOTLATELY I AM A MEMBE OF OVER A YEAR AND A HALKNOW AND SOME THINGS JUST CHANGE.

IT IS A BOARD WITH GREAT INFO I HAD NO IDEA YOU WER LEAVING I HAVE BEE SO ILL ANDLOTS OF CHANGES IN MY LIFE AS ELL I WISH I COULD COME GIVE YA A HUGG PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH IM STARTING ON MY SEWING AGAIN LET ME NO WHERE YA ARE OK YOU AE THE WOMAN OF THIS THERE IS NODOUGHBT THANKYOU IS A LIGHT WAY OF EXPRESSING LOVE TO SOMEONE YOU HVE NEVE EVEN GOT TO MEAT YET SOMEDAY I HOPE ALL MY LOVE GAIL RANEY AKA SOULWRITER PLASE WRITE--GIBBSGAIL@AOL.COM
  20. Pixie

Pixie New Member

JackieF, I don't post anymore my situation as you know has changed for the better, and my prospective, but, I read at least weekly, Please email me, as your info is of great help to me and my fms/cfs support group, you are on top of everything, you will be needed in another site or support of its kind, some say the members here need no explanation, I disagree, if I lost my mom,doc,hairdresser,pastor, or my source of info, such as yourself, I wanna know why, do I not deserve that?

pixie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2002]