SC Congressman has Lyme

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Aug 21, 2011.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Firstly it will be interesting to see where "they" think he picked it up since it's still supposed to be rare down south...
    Secondly he has to be feeling pretty badly for him to not appear at important public gatherings...

It will be interesting to see what happens...
    http://www.wltx.com/news/article/147903/2/Congressman-Joe-Wilson-Recovering-from-Illness
  2. KKMK

KKMK New Member

"They" would be wrong about the fact that it's rare down south. When I (in SC) figured out that I had Lyme Disease my family Dr refused to test me for it because I had not been bitten by a tick when I was out of state. I switched Dr's, paid over $300.00 for the test, and it came back "off the charts" positive. I'm sorry anyone has to suffer from this disease, but maybe at some point he will have an impact on helping others who aren't as persistant as me to get treated without all of the hassle and the "hypochondriac" glances and losing their jobs due to treatment. Maybe just maybe there is an upside to this story.
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I found out in the past 3 years, after going through some old records, that I actually tested positive on PCR, which is actually rare, back in 2000 or '01, but not followed up even tho the lab recommended it for the same reason. I later figured it out without those results, but have chosen alternative methods to large doses of abx or iv abx.

At the time I didn't know anything about it. I was in GA. Then my son got really sick, nobody could figure it out... Lyme was finally getting publicity and I figured it out, so I took him to the nearest best LLMD who was at the time in Charlotte (now in DC), only 200 miles away from us. He was + to CDC's "tracking standards", which unfortunately too many docs take as a guideline to actually diagnosing Lyme.

I know many who have been diagnosed now. I'm sure SC has a Lyme association, as does Georgia - they can tell the real story of what's happening state-wide....

More and more are being dx'd, and hopefully sooner or later things will get moving on a much larger scale; it has become endemic.

How are you doing?

4. Marylee

Marylee New Member

I am in FL and both my daughter and I are positive. It is no longer a "northern" disease.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

it is world-wide, actually! Also, Otzi (sp) the 5,300 year old "ice man" frozen in the Alps was found to have Lyme.

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2012]