Scales, breaking out, bad skin problems.. What is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI friends.. I tried to look at past posts but could not find anything so far.

First, I have combination skin, used to be very oily, now just my T-zone is oily. Anyway...I woke up a week ago with a dry patch (looked sort of like a circle), on my face, next to my lips.

I feel like if I smile it will crack open. I have put a ton of moisturizer on it. It is scaley. Wondering if you know what that could be. Now it is starting on the other side of my lips. Big flakes in the morning. YUCK, minor compared to other stuff going on. Wondering if you all know what it might be and how to help it.

I am also losing lots of hair daily. Had a general TSH thyroid check done last week and it was fine. Hmmmmm... also, I am breaking out like a high school teenager. Usually after I break out I get dry scabs covering the area that broke out.

Any advice, I look TERRIBLE. Could this be a vitamin deficiancy?

HUGS
    Kim
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I've been getting those patches, which I think technically is psoriasis on my legs and butt. I'm detoxing right now, so I guess it isn't exactly a bad thing. Have you cleaned up your diet lately or started a new supplement? If not, it sounds like maybe your liver is getting overwhelmed with its detoxification process and it's time to start cleaning up your diet or starting a detox program. It could be overwhelmed because it doesn't have all the nutrients it needs so, yes, it could be a vitamin deficiency but probably not just one. Get a good vitamin AND mineral supplement from the health food store.

Also, it could be you're developing food intolerance to things like dairy or wheat if nothing else works. hope this helps you, karen