scalp itching

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sabs, Sep 25, 2005.

1. sabs

sabs New Member

I was wondering if anyone has found some relief from constant scalp itch.I have been to 3 dermatologists and even have had steroid injections on my scalp. All the creams, lotions, oils and any steroid solutions irritate after @ 2-3 usages.The last dr told me he can't do anything else for me unless I take BuSpar. I tried it, but it gave me anxiety attacks(I am atypical with those type of drugs).
    I have tried various other natural products with limited success.I am now seeing a naturopath dr. My FMS flared up worse with the change in the weather, but the scalp problem is constant. Any advice would be appreciated
  2. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i to have a itchy, scalp, i have found the selson blue shampoo, works well. helps relief the itch for awhile. i know aveda makes a medicated shampoo for itch scalp. but you can only get it from a salon and it is very expensive. i have also used a tar shampoo, hope this helps. itching right along with you
    becca
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

You can buy that at Walmart and that works well for me. After you use it a while, you don't have to use it but once a month. Just go by the directions on the bottle. I usually lather just once, though, then rinse.

I hate Selsun Blue because of the smell of the stuff. This shampoo has a pleasant smell.

This may be the answer to your problems as this Nizoral shampoo kills off a certain type of yeast that lives on the scalp. This shampoo used to be available only via Rx.

Hope this helps you. Look for it with the dandruff shampoos.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... my husband has this problem too ( severe exposure in Gulf to chemical smoke initiated allergies etc .. ) he found a product called 'Scalpicin" .. at the drug store ..nonperscription .. it calms it down a bit .. but he also has to see a dermitologist .. it is a very irritating problem .. wish I could have a better remedy for you guys !
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Try putting some tea tree oil into a mild shampoo..and use that when you wash your hair. I find that helps me a lot! No dandruff, and very few itchy scalp episodes anymore.