Scapula pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tryn2, May 13, 2006.

1. Tryn2

Tryn2 New Member

I have had a frozen shoulder before so I know this is not one. What my problem is is a sharp, sometimes-incapaciting pain along the edge of my scapula. It is not a constant thing and usually it hits my right scapula. Now I am in the throws of an attack on my left scapula, so intense it takes my breath away, literally. There is no way I can take a deep breath (or yawn). I could not roll over in bed; I could barely get out of bed; even walking is a chore. Has anyone else had this? Is this a fibro thing? Or do I need to look for other causes?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

this started recently, same place, and it gets worse with hurts to take a normal size breath

i have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden.

i didn't mention it to my doc because I didn't feel like having x-rays, PT, or more meds...

it was really bad when it first isn't as severe after a few weeks
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Being in my 60's, I've had many accidents & of course they come back to haunt us.

My left scapula pain comes & goes but it is chronic, and I've pretty well gotten used to dealing with it.

First I try my trusty spot magnets on the "hot spots"; massage; ice/heat; and then chiropractor does ultrasound on it which helps alot.

Mine is usually triggered by the way I sleep.

[ advertisement ]