Scapula pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tryn2, May 13, 2006.

1. Tryn2

Tryn2 New Member

I have had a frozen shoulder before so I know this is not one. What my problem is is a sharp, sometimes-incapaciting pain along the edge of my scapula. It is not a constant thing and usually it hits my right scapula. Now I am in the throws of an attack on my left scapula, so intense it takes my breath away, literally. There is no way I can take a deep breath (or yawn). I could not roll over in bed; I could barely get out of bed; even walking is a chore. Has anyone else had this? Is this a fibro thing? Or do I need to look for other causes?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

this started recently, same place, and it gets worse with activity....it hurts to take a normal size breath

i have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden.

i didn't mention it to my doc because I didn't feel like having x-rays, PT, or more meds...

it was really bad when it first happened....it isn't as severe after a few weeks
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Being in my 60's, I've had many accidents & of course they come back to haunt us.

My left scapula pain comes & goes but it is chronic, and I've pretty well gotten used to dealing with it.

First I try my trusty spot magnets on the "hot spots"; massage; ice/heat; and then chiropractor does ultrasound on it which helps alot.

Mine is usually triggered by the way I sleep.

LIGHT**********carole