scared and don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Oct 8, 2006.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

I am so scared, another weekebd of hell my husband is putting us through. It would be the kind of weekend when we would go away and enjoy the country but those days are long gone.
    He has a problem and a weak mind and I know what I have to do but I am so scared.
    I would have been away alone but the weather was crappy and I was afraid to drive as I wasn't feeling good.
    He won't face reality and I'm afraid today is the day the call to the cops has to happen.
    Has anyone been in this stituation, I need help.
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say. If you are in a situation where there is violence or a potential for violence then you need to leave immediately and take your children if you have them with you. Go to a girlfriend's and call the police and they will assist you to get to a safe place. If this is not your concern then please disregard. At this season in your life you have to look out for yourself. You don't need the added stress. Perhaps others can advise you more than I can. Take care,
    Cath
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

I was told the last thing I need to do is leave, if I do I will have deserted the house and that will work for him in court.
    My daughter is safe she is not home. It is not violence , he is self medicating and he thinks because they are prescribed it is okay. He has a serious problem and he knows it but now I think he has gone beyond "help".
    One minute he's fine and the next minute "bam"!!! I let him fool me for too long and it's out of control now. Here I thought by holding his meds I was controlling the situation, little did I know he found "new meds".
    I'm afraid I'm at the point of either the cops come or he dies, which ever comes first but I'll be damned if I give him anything.
    I have never abused my meds and I hate him for doing what he is doing, those of us who are sick and need the meds know not to abuse them. This all started because he had a medical condition that warranted the prescription, I called his doctor told him what was going on and he still presribed them.
    I did everything I could do , he knows he has a problem and knows he needs help and I can't do that for him.

4. wkirk87

wkirk87 New Member

What if you called a Drug Rehabilitation place? They must get calls and questions like this all the time, and thus know how to deal with problems like this. At least, I would hope so. :/

And when you said "Bam!!!" you were refering to him taking pills, right? Please tell me you were NOT refering to him hitting you! :(

I've never been in this situation, but I have a friend who's a total drug addict and started this same way - prescription drugs after a medical problem that recovered itself fully (unlike this DD), and thus a warning: his drug addiction/problem will only get much, much, MUCH worse as time goes on - thus it's best that he deal with it now than later.

Simply put, drug addicts, TRUE drug addicts, never quit drugs until they've truly hit rock-bottom, and that takes a really figgin' long time. Also, sometimes rock-bottom means death by means of over-dose. :/

Good luck!!
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lin:

Be safe. At one time i was under protection of the county, put in a motel that was a safe place. I returned home three days later and the point was made with my husband.

Like someone else said: if that is not your situation, ignore it.

You said you have a 'weak' mind. You might be stronger than you think.

Rally! It is your life and you are ill. Do not let anyone stand in the way of feeling as well as you can.

Prayers are with you.

nyrofan
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I have a good friend who has abused prescription drugs off and on for yrs. She called me yesterday and was going to check herself into the hospital last night.

Unfortunately, your husb has to want to be rehabilitated. Does he admit that he has a problem? You can call the police if "he is a danger to himself or others" and the hospital can put him on a 72 hour hold (that's what happens here in CA)

I hope you stay safe, I am frustrated for you also. I know these situations are extremely difficult....my SIL is married to a great guy who had to bottom out and be in danger of losing EVERYTHING before he went to Dr and AA...He has been clean and sober for almost 10 yrs now.

There is a possibility of recovery here, your husband must be ready and willing in order for it to work. Maybe you could check out Narcotics Anon. and talk to someone for suggestions.

Good luck to you,

Hermit
  7. lin21

lin21 New Member

Well the weekend is over and like allthe others nothing was done.
    No he is not hitting me , that would definitely be the end and he knows it but I recognize he is worse. I was holding the script and then I discovered he was 'supplementing". If he hits rock bottom tha twill definitely be it I will throw his butt out so fast he won't know what hit him. He has taken advantage of the situation that I can't work anymore (after 20 years) and I "need" him. Well I don't need his b.s. that's for sure.
    I just spoke with him again and he is so far in denial. I called HQ's today just to find out my rights. The weather is changing and I couldn't even stand this a.m. which doesn't help this situation at all.
    Pleas ekeep me in your prayers I need as many as I can get. At this point I couldn't care if he drives off a cliff as long as we aren't with him.
    thanks,