Scared and Hurting

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by LuckyMe, Apr 15, 2003.

1. LuckyMe

LuckyMe New Member

I'm very new here. I'm kind of looking for some support from a stranger. Does that sound strange? I don't want anyone close to me to know how I really feel.

I don't feel safe around myself anymore. I have been taking a lot of extra pain pills to make myself feel numb. I know it's not healthy...but part of me just doesn't care anymore. I almost just feel like letting go...I think about killing myself on a daily basis. But I am a young single mom with a rotten ex-husband that would be a horrible father if I died. I can honestly say that I would be dead by now if it were not for my son. My ex beat me. I could never let my son be introduced to that...I left my ex when my son was just an infant. I'm 25 and he is 5.

I need help. I know this. I'm too afraid to get it. Does anyone have any ideas about self help for these sort of feelings?

Thank you.
  2. misshart

misshart New Member

have you thought about contacting your minister or whatever at your church. clergy can be very helpful and the cost is minimal. also there are therapists - they are not phyciatrists but can be very helpful as they actually will carry on a conversation with you unlike a phy m.d.

does your family offer any help?

this is a very friendly board with tons of compsionate people.

hope you feel better soon. my prayers are with you
  3. Emit

Emit New Member

I understand that you're scared and hurting, but you said it yourself, your son would be left with a rotten father if you died, so stop taking the pills and look for hapiness. Sounds wierd and simplistic, but do whatever makes you happy for that moment. Maybe that'll make you feel better.

Emit.
  4. Daniel44

Daniel44 New Member

this is my Email i will chat with you Dan375@attbi.com