SCARED TO DATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, Sep 27, 2005.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

HELLO. I WAS WONDERING ARE THER ANY SINGLE PEPOLE WITH CFS/FM? IF SO HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH NEW RELATIONSHIPS? I HAVE HAD CFS/ AND FM SINCE I WAS 25. I AM NOW 39 AND HAVE BEEN ON SSI FOR 5 YEARS. MY X-HUSBAND SAID THAT HE UNDERSTOOD. BUT IN THE END HE USED MY ILLNESS AGINST ME. I HAVE FAMILY WHO DO NOT UNDESTAND ME ,THAY THINK IM LAZY AND UNMOTAVATED. SO HOW DO I EVER TELL SOMONE ABOUT MY ILLNESS. AND WHY I DONT WORK AND WHY MY HOUSE AINT SPOTLESS.?
  2. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

I LIKE THE DANCIN SMILEY. DANCING IS SOMETHING I LOVE. I WONT TO THANK YOU ALL. ITS HARD HAVING A CONDITION THAT EVEN BAFULLS MEDICAL SCIENCE. LET ALONE TRYING TO EXSPLAIN IT TO OTHERS. I'M GOING TO TAKE IT SLOW. AND STOP STRESSING OVER SO MUCH. THANKS
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm 38, and have been w/ Ron for 2 years. He pursued me persistantly for mths to be w/ me and didn't bat an eye at the extent of my illness. And I'm MCS, so anyone I'm w/ has to change all personal products to unscented, and I do stress ALL. No one ever gets the extent of the sensitivities and lifestyle changes required at first, they have to live w/ it to really know. But I've found it rarely deters the men who've been interested.

Even though I've often had a line of would be suitors, I was scared for awhile it wouldn't happen for me either. That I wouldn't find someone I wanted to be w/ too. But I sure did, and he's kind and understanding, and smiles lovingly when I get overwhelmed by myriad allergies and just calls me, "a delicate little flower". He also accepts the condition I have and has no lofty plans to fix me. He's old fashioned and the eternal optomist, and looks at the perks of my disability, he loves having me at home.

It is possible. there'll be someone who will see you, the REAL YOU, and love you for who you are and not the condition you have.

Jeanne
  4. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

look, take care of yourself....if your lonely do something quickly....coming from a man you dont need to take care of a man when your sick, men our to much work when they are healthy! .....its YOU TIME!

Just remember what your ex did..that should keep you away from men for awhile....

When it happens it will happen....

Jackson Gavi