Scared to take all the meds.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Dec 2, 2005.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I am not good at taking drugs. I make myself all freaked out. I have had to many reactions to things so I get scared.

Alll my doctors have been trying to get me to take Prozac for about a year now. Mostly for my PMS. So I finally got my Dr. to give me a very low dose to start out on. I started that last week. I think that it is 10 mg. Going ok so far I guess. I think to soon to say.

Now I went yesterday and was telling her how I have been feeling so weird in my head and just soooo tired and hurting pretty bad. So now she gave me Baclofen and Trazodone to take at night before I go to sleep. She says they are really low doses but I still get really freaked out.

So now I will be taking Prozac, algery med. and I am on Nexium in the morning. And then the Baclofen and Trazodone at night. My sister is a nurse and she doesn't really think that I need both of them.

I think I would sleep fine if I wasn't so tense. I just hold my muscles to tight all night and don't let anything go. So maybe I would do fine with just the muscle relaxer.

I know some people are on a lot of different things and it don't bother them.. I just get so weird.

Does any one have any input on this? Would you take all of these things together?? Maybe they work the best all together. I just don't want to be knocked for a loop.. I don't have time for that.

Thanks for listening :)
    SherylD
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

Dear Sheryl

I know exactly how you feel. Meds scare me too.

I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics and have wierd side effects from stuff.

My heart goes out to you.

to help relax your muscles, try a calcium and magnesium supplement first.

It won't hurt you as much as a medicine could, and it helps with tight painful muscles and sleep. Take it about an hour before bedtime.

It may take some time (sometimes up to six weeks) to feel a big difference, but It works for me the same day.

If you start getting any diarhea cut back to half dosage. Magnesium can cause it if you get too much, but it can't hurt your body.

Usually it doesn't cause any problems.

Glad you posted and hang in there.

Kendra
  3. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

I understand. I take Zoloft in the a.m. and Trazadone at night for sleep.

I'm not a doctor but I'm surprised she started two new meds at the same time, if you still have problems you won't know what is working and what isnt.

Since they are two different drugs, muscle relaxer and and antidepressent, I can't see why they HAVE to be used together.

You can always try the Baclofen alone first and see what it does. If it isn't doing the trick, then add the Trazadone and see what happens (just my unprofessional opion anyway:))

4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I would suggest taking one new med at a time. If you take them all and have a side effect you won't know which one is causing it. Hope this helps....

Laura
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

It is a scary thing and my Dr. just thinks I am wierd I know.

I even have problems taking vitamins. So I am scared to take any of that to. I don't take to much of anything if I don't have to.

When I take a multi-vit after a couple of days I will feel like I am spinning all the time. And that will take a couple of weeks to go away.

I would like to try the things everyone was talking about. Where would I go to but these things??

I think I am just going to try one of the meds to start off with and see how it goes. Then I can always add the other one. I just always wonder if there is a reason for the combo.. Does it work better the mix of them together.

Who knows.. I obviously think about it to much.

Thanks again,
    SherylD
  6. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

WHEN YOU GO TO THE DR AND COMPAIN ABOUT SOMETHING MOST DRS ONLY KNOW HOW TO WRITR A SCRIPT SO THATS WHAT THEY DO. I JUST KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT OR DONT FILL IT THEN COME HERE TO GET ANSWERS. BEST WISHES GAIL