scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jillian44, Sep 28, 2006.

1. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

I got my bloodtest results back, RBC,4.01---HGB, 12.2 and

HCT, 34.7. can anyone help me.
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I'm not sure what those numbers mean, but hope all is ok. I am sorry that you are scared, maybe someone here knows what they mean and can help you. HUGS!!!!

Kriket
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Jillian

I don't know what those tests mean either. Can you give us more details.

I love the photo of the puppies in your profile! What kind are they!

hugs from a puppy nut, Redwillow
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Did your doc, nurse or someone tell you that the results were bad? Can you find out what they mean so that you do not have to worry? Sometimes pharmacists have info on more than just meds and they might be able to help you out.

I'm sorry I can't interpret the results for you, but I just want to know that I care and hope everything turns out alright. We are all in this together. PLEASE keep us posted. Warm hugs, Erika
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

You need to discuss these with your physician but here is a nonspecific picture (so to speak):

Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) of 4.01 is just a little low which could mean anemia.

Hemoglobin (HGB) of 12.2 is within range on the low side of normal.

Hematocrit (HCT) of 34.7 is is within normal range.

You did not post the ranges so I am using the ranges of the lab that does my blood tests -- which means there is probably a little bit of a difference because each lab has its own range units.

What does it say on your copy of the lab results? My guess is the only thing showing a flag is the RBC which will probably have an L across from it.

From what I see you really have nothing to worry about your physician will probably put you on some Iron.

I hope this has helped a little and maybe now you a little more at ease.

Please call your physician's office and discuss the results with either the physician or the nurse -- to further ease you mind.

Take care,

Karen :)
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The medical knowledge some of the people on this board have is amazing.

So what kind of kittens are in that basket?
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thats not a bad blood count dont worry talk to your doctor
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

What can I say I tried to study hard and pay attention...LOL

That I having worked in the medical profession for a while now doesn't hurt and even helps a little [very little] sometimes...LOL

They are Tabby kittens -- that is my SWAG for the day.

You always crack me up,

Karen :)

SWAG - Scientific wise a$$ guess ;)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

I did not say that Jillian had anemia -- I am not a doctor.

I just said that the RBC is a little low -- going by the reference value I used from the lab that does my blood tests because no other ranges were supplied.

I said it -- could -- mean anemia -- not-- that is was [anemia].

I also stated that Jillian should call her physician's office and discuss these results with either the physician or the nurse.

I would not like anyone to get the impression that I was diagnosing someone.

Without the ranges from the lab that did the analysis no one can really say -- as I stated in my post I was just giving a nonspecific opinion.

Mainly I gave this opinion to help put someones mind at ease and I can only hope that it helped a little.

Thanks,

Karen