Scary Anyone experience this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Jul 9, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i woke up last night around 2:30 am with intense generalized abdominal pain. i'm constipated on and off with lots of gas and occassional sour stomach, but never anything like this. the pain lasted about an hour and a half until i went back to bed, laid on my left side and it slowly subsided. no fever, vomiting or nausea, just pain (probably a 7.5 on the pain scale). any ideas?

eddie
  2. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I get this when I get really constipated. It is painful enough to wake you up!! Usually a good BM relieves it, but failing that going back to bed and staying really warm on the left side and it goes away!!
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I would bloat up so bad I could barely breath and couldn't get comfortable in any position because I was so sore and big. That was back when I din't know about all my food allergies and ate things w/ MSG, mushrooms, vinegar (allergic to moulds), etc. I would be constipated over a week at a time back then too. When I had these attacked, I was just useless.

I learned about the left side thing, it promotes stomache drainage and is great for digestion and esp. for indigestion because it promotes the flow of bile, since the liver is not compressed (never lay on your right side after eating for this reason, taht's what gives you indigestion), and bile can flow easily from the gallbladder to the stomache unhindered.

Add a probiotic when you lie on your left and you're in that pain. The best one I can recommend for that particular condition is Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors, its much stronger than Jarro, but I like Jarro and use it too, just not for that, because Jarro is enteric coated and takes much longer to get in your gut too, Cal'dophilus takes only 10 mins to release. I usually double the probiotic when its bad and in 15 mins or less am tooting and the pressure and pain is relieved, and the swelling goes down. I don't get it agonizingly anymore because I know wht to do now.

jeanne
  4. stinas

stinas New Member

Hey, Eddie.
    Where in the abdomen is your pain? Upper right area could mean Gall bladder. I know second hand as wifey just had hers removed. Her pain was like bad heart burn but on the scale of menstrual cramps or birthing pains. So, it was up there, 7-9 on the Richter.
    Just an idea.

Stinas