Scary Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammyopus, Jun 6, 2006.

1. tammyopus

tammyopus New Member

Today was a scary day. For no reason, I started my workday with nothing by sad music. As the day progressed my body ached more and more, a headache developed and suddenly I got the shakes, started stuttering and couldn't stop my hands from shaking. I've never had anything like that happen before so, of course, I got scared and started crying. I don't know what it was that caused all this, my guess would be stress though. My husband is in the military and is once again deployed, I'm living in a state where I know not a sole except for my co-workers, my marriage has been on the rocks for a while - now thanks to a marathon research binge the last few days, I realize, I probably don't hate my husband, I probably just resent the fact that he doesn't understand what I'm going through. I think that was what pushed me over the edge today, but I'm happy to say, I left work early since I couldn't cope, met up with a friend, and after him holding my hand and hugging me for a while, I actually felt better. I think maybe human touch was better then any meds could have possibly been.

Today is the first day that I've been on these boards and I have to say thank you to all that have posted. I've felt so alone with all this and you all have made me realize that I am not, that many many others feel the same way. Thank you again all, I think now I might be better able to live with this.
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Music can effect the way you feel emotionally and your emotions can effect the way you feel physically. It could have been the sad music that started your downward spiral today. Maybe you should stay away from it until your life is less stressful in other ways.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have to say I hope you feel better and things start to look up. I have neck ache and already was on here too long, but wanted to send a hug.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You sound like you need friends and you have come to the right place. Those here are very caring and supportive. Come whenever you need to and you will find people who understand.

I hope you feel better
    Kathy.
  5. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Tammy,
    I'm new here too, about 2 weeks! I am soooooooo happy to have found this website cause the people here really understand and care about each other a lot!
    What are your health issues? Maybe some of us could give you advice as to what is working for us! I also have some big anxiety issues and am taking Zoloft and clonopin and they help me A LOT. I think that stress plays a huge part in depression and anxiety and it sounds like you are going thru a very stressful time.
    The first step to getting better is by reaching out and you have found a very soft place to fall in joining this website!!

Hope you're feeling better soon,
    Gentle fibro-hugs, Julie
  6. tammyopus

tammyopus New Member

Thanks all, it's a relief to have people that understand and don't think I'm nuts.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Have you checked in with your Family Service Center? They should have support programs for you that will also help you meet others in your area who are going through much the same thing. (With the deployment)

Human touch is something most people don't think about when our spouses are gone. It's very hard to go for a year without a hug!! (Been there, done that)

You can also check on your base or area to see if they have a CFS/FM support group. We know there are others out there with the same DD and maybe you could help each other out.

Careful with the friend and hugging. Hopefully it was just what you needed at the time, but being alone and ill can be a very vulnerable time for you.

Welcome to the board, we're alway sorry that someone else needs it, but happy to welcome all who do.

Nancy B.
  8. tammyopus

tammyopus New Member

Thank you Nancy, I appreciate it. I'm avoiding the base as much as possible, I'm not a very good military spouse and prefer to take every other route possible first. Today, I was finally able to find an office with FM experiece so, hopefully, will make some progress on that end. Thank you again,
    Tammy
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

tammyopus:

No, you are not alone. And yes....hugs make a difference.

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

nyrofan