Scary Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Well I have not been well for awhile. Mostly on the couch. Keeping it low.
    I have been in tons of pain, hands are numb and tingling and legs are very weak. On top of all that I feel like I am shaking inside all the time.

But the scary symptoms happened today. I have been feeling a little better and Well as life goes we all know that if I am not cleaning the house then it is not getting done Right?

Ok So I did a no no, I vacuumed, swept just a small area and cooked. By the time I was done my hands were doing a throbbing, tingling numbing thing?? Then I took a drink of my favorite soda (Diet Vanilla, Cherry Dr. Pepper)
    And my Lips were numb but I could taste the soda. So I called hubby.
    Then I He told me to take another drink and then my lips were numb but I could not taste the soda it was like water??

So I tried again 15 minutes later and I can taste is again???
    What in the world??

Ok so so long but any advise please??
    And yes hands are still the same.

Thank you in advance:)

Tracy
    FMS, CFS, MFPS
    [This Message was Edited on 03/21/2006]
  2. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I think your vacuuming put you into a flare that includes loss of taste. And, it could take a while for you to gradually recover...and you'll probably feel very fatigued afterwards.

But...give up the sodas. They do more harm than good. Suggestion: Drink 1/3 juice & 2/3 water instead. It's far better for you and I've known several who gotten extremely ill on "diet" drinks.

Are you taking any magnesium and malic acid? This seems to help me the most (not magnesium oxide...it's nothing but pure laxative).

Sorry you're feeling so poorly...hopefully, you'll feel better soon. Flares are a royal pain...

Warm hugs...

3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Thanks Bet:)

Me neither. This is truly a first. I have never had this happen.
    The whole numb hands has been going on for about 4 weeks. I don't like it at all. I have been in a horrible flare for the past 2 months. Yesterday and today are the first 2 days that I feel like I am actually living.

So the numbness went away in my face and mouth after about 10 minutes so I got up and did the dinner dishes and the sure enough mouth and lips were numb AGAIN??? Whats going on??

Yes I tak Mag and B12 complex.

A far as the sodas go. Well I only drink 1 a day and will not give that up. I have given lots up and will not do that 1 soda. I usually only drink 1/2 anyway my girls usually polish it off for me.

[This Message was Edited on 03/21/2006]
  4. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

We are so quick to put everything down to Fibro.. there can be other causes.

Any new symptoms needs to be checked especially one that causes your lips to go numb and to lose your sense of taste.

Please, just give them a call if you can't get in right away.

Better safe than sorry.

5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Thank you for your reply. It is to late today but I will take your advice and call first thing tomorrow. Thank you.

Tracy
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Bumping because I was wondering if any others had sx like these??

Thanks guys and gals:)
  7. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

go numb from day to day. I have had the tingling in the lips a few times. My dr. told me it was nothing, but I think it is part of the fibro. I really knew something was wrong with me back when I was still working. I was walking down the highschool hall during class change with hundreds of kids milling around me when I suddenly realized I couldnt feel my left foot. Scared me to death. I just knew I was dying or something. My hands will go numb when Im on the phone if I stay on too long, and my feet and legs will go numb sometimes when Im sitting in a straight chair.

I think you should call your dr and I will be praying for you as I do for all of you everyday.

Suzette
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

It may not make you better right away, but give up the nutrasweet and artificial sweeteners. They aren't good for us.

I used to feel that way with pain in my arms and stuff.

Try going to a good chiropractor. It will help. Talk to others in your neighborhood or friends and ask if they know a good one.

Try it, I think it will help.

Kendra