Schaken/Cymbalta/Lunesta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Leslie,

Before you drop Cymbalta, ask your doctor about Lunesta and the fatigue you are having. I took Lunesta for two days and I could hardly drag myself around.

I had to go back to Ambien. My daughter takes Lunesta and does fine.

I'm not saying that's the reason for your lethargy but it sure was bad for me. I've thought about trying it again and only using 1/2 tab or giving it a longer time but I also did not like that metallic taste in my mouth, yuk!

I'm sorry to hear that your pain in still bad on Cymbalta. I go to the Study Doctor tomorrow afternoon and so today (Sunday) is my last full day on Milnacipran. I am going to become a patient of his and I think he is going to start me on Cymbalta.

I've also heard of another new drug for FM. It starts with a P, I think a peg ---???? Maybe your doctor knows about that one.

Maybe someone else on the forum is familiar with it. If so I would love to hear about your experience with it.

Good luck to you and wish me the same please.

I will post tomorrow or Wednesday about the end of my study.

Best always,

Toga
  2. schaken

schaken New Member

Toga,
    I will pray for you over the next couple of days.

I am only on 3 mg of Lunesta a night. I don't sleep very well with it. I also do not get a metallic taste from it.

I am trying to take my full dose of cymbalta at night to see if it works. I've been following the threads and it seems as if most people get over the tiredness pretty fast. They also seem to be taking a lower dose.

Don't know. I am just worried about this winter. I always hurt worse in the cold whether it is from air conditioning or just the weather.

Good Luck

Leslie