Schaken/Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Leslie,

I am so happy to hear you are liking Cymbalta. I was really worried. I guess it takes some time for it to work???

I also noticed that it seems like you were started on a smaller dose and worked up. Is that right?

I would think that since you were on Milnacipran, you could have started on a higher dose since they are so similar. But then again, what do I know?

Take care and keep feeling better. (You know I've been sweating too. I've been thinking that I'm having hot flashes or its the hot weather.)

Toga
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

3. schaken

schaken New Member

Toga, haven't been on line for a couple of days. I've been really busy at work.

Going on a trip tomorrow night/early Wednesday morning to east TN. Oak Ridge. 11 to 12 hours drive time. It will be fun. My youngest son is driving me in a little ford pick-um-up. I'm going to be sore.

I am up to 120 miligrams of cymbalta a day. It doesn't work as well as milnapricin, but I don't have to put up with the severe sweating.

Lunesta works alot better for me than ambien. So I am getting 6 yo 7 hours of sleep a night.

Hope they work out well for you. I'll be back home on the 22nd.

Leslie
  4. Toga

Toga Member

Leslie,

Your trip sounds like fun. When we travel any distance I use several small travel pillows. I put them so my arms can rest on them and places where my knee bumps onto the door. I even put one under my feet.

They really help. I made cute little pillowcase for them. They are all doggy themed.

Have fun.

Toga
  5. schaken

schaken New Member

Took us 9 3/4 hours to make it here. It was thundering and lighting and steady rain from boonville through St Louis. The only stops we made were 1 for gas and 3 bathroom breaks.

Actually, I am very surprised that I feel so well.

Leslie
  6. Toga

Toga Member

My primary gave me Lunesta. I took it twice and it made me so droopy the next day. And I'm droopy enough on my own.

I also had that metallic taste in my mouth all day. I couldn't get rid of it. (That might be good for losing weight though ;) I went back to Ambien.

Toga
  7. schaken

schaken New Member

Toga and all,
    I'm taking lunesta. Sleeping around 8 hours a night now. No funny taste at all. I like it better than ambien. Doesn't work anymore for me.

I take it several hours after I take the cymbalta.

Leslie
  8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

isn't available in Canada.
  9. Toga

Toga Member

I find that very suprising that you can't get Cymbala in Canada. Do you know the reason for that?

Toga