Schaken & Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Toga, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Toga

Toga Member

Leslie,

Did you call the doctor today? Are you going off Cymbalta?

I'm so sorry it hasn't helped. I'm on 20 mg a day and I'm just miserable. I had forgotten how bad the pain can be. I can't get anything done.

I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow, I think. I'm going to ask if I can take 20mg twice a day. But I'm not counting on anything.

I can't believe you are on 120 mg and still hardly any relief. Did it make you sleepy? or sick to your stomach?

I slept most of the day today but I think it was to escape the pain. It hard to pack to move like this.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Dentist. Hope I can get myself there.

Take care and let us know what the doctor decides to do.

Best,

Toga
  2. Toga

Toga Member

3. schaken

schaken New Member

Toga.
    My doctor tells me that it can take up to 3 months to really work.

I fell down my front step on Friday and really was hurting yesterday. Turns out that I had twisted my stomach muscles when I fell. Today I feel great, really loopy though. I am on 900 mg of motrin and 5 mg of flexaril.

Yeas, I cannot believe how much pain I have been in since stopping the milnapricin. How did I live for over 20 years without it. Think I would rather have the excessive sweating than the fatigue and pain I aam going though now.

I will stick with this until Dec. I am on the max allowable dose. If this doesn't help by then I will be applying for disability. Both SSI and military.

Hope you feel better soon,

Leslie
  4. Toga

Toga Member

Sounds like the doctor talked you into giving it some more time. I can't believe the 3 plus months it may take.

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I can see how you might have twisted your stomach trying to right yourself. I think we hurt ourselves more when we try to undo what has started when we slip.

But it sounds like feeling "loopy" is better then how you've been feeling lately.

I called my doctor today. I was going to wait a full two weeks but couldn't take it any longer. I found out that I was supposed to be taking 20 mg Cymbalta TWICE a day. Either the Pharmacy or the person calling in the Rx made a mistake.

So tonight I took my second one for the day. Sometimes I wish I hadn't joined that drug study. I just feel like there's no real hope of help. And, like you, I can't believe how bad it hurts.

It is so distracting too. I can't keep my mind on anything for very long. I just keep coming back to trying to figure out what I might do to feel a little better.

I'm trying to exercise a little. I joined an Arthritis Exercise Class once a week. It's a lot of stretching and very light arobics. It's at 8:30 in the morning and its really hard to get myself there so early.

I've also walked with my daughter a couple times at the local Junior College. They have a lovely walking path. I hope to continue this until the weather gets bad. It seems to help a little bit for a little while if I take it easy.

Three months is after the holidays. I don't know how I'm going to move and do all the extra work this time of the year means. I'm trying real hard not to think about it.

It just makes me hurt worse when I start worrying. You probably know exactly what I'm talking about.

Take care. Let's both of us pray that this stuff starts to work.

Love,
    Toga
  5. schaken

schaken New Member

Toga,
    The pain is gone today. Don't know if it the cymbalta finally kicking in or the flexoral and motrin.

Worked 8 hours today, but 6 were respite care. Just prepare meals and go for a couple of ten to 15 minute walks.

I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow. One of my ladies can't be seen later than 7:30 because of bowel problems and the lady I normally see after her is being picked up at 8:00. So I have to see her early to get her bathed and dressed prior to her ride.

Good news is that I'll be home by 1"00.

Good luck on moving house and with the cymbalta kicking in.

Leslie
  6. Toga

Toga Member

Leslie,

I'm feeling a little better too. Lets both have a nice weekend and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Toga