Schwarz states Kutapressin prob. release Jan 2004

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dove1, Aug 27, 2003.

1. dove1

dove1 New Member

For all of you missing your kutapressin Schwarz is now saying they will have it available to us in Jan, 2004

I have been unable to find any info about hepapressin/hepatapressin (sp?)and Dr. Enlander's office does not return phone calls. Does anybody have any other info about this possible Kutapressin alternative besides Dr. Enlander?
  2. cma331

cma331 New Member

Hi Dove,
    Forgot to ask you; where did you get this info about Schwarz???
    Carole
  3. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

Hepapressin is definitely new new new, Dove1. I am just a patient. I do not know what the heck their policy is regarding the sale of this stuff to non-patients. That said, I hope they don't hurt me for saying this, but I would call them at their NYC number Wednesday afternoon to late evening (eastern standard time). They are definitely around then.

best,
    Paul
  4. annepat

annepat New Member

hepatopressin is a liver extract derived from beef. It is indicated in MS.

Compounding pharmacies stock hepatopressin. You may want to contact Apothecure in Texas, Firstpharma in Seattle, or College Pharmcy in Colorado-all of them have worked with it, and all of them are approved to work with injectable compounding. Hope that this helps.

FYI-hepatopressin is much cheaper, but make sure to check the source/origin of the beef.
    annepat
  5. dove1

dove1 New Member

For all those interested in the re-release date of kutapressin, write ahenson@schwarzusa.com for details.
    Also let her know how important the drug is to you.
  6. dove1

dove1 New Member

Thanks for the info.
  7. dove1

dove1 New Member

I called Firstpharma who said they don't have it or make it. CollegePharmacy does not have record of it, but a pharmacist is looking into it and calling me back. apothecure in Texas just has e-mail and I am waiting for a response. Have you procured hepatopressin and through whom? Thanks for all your helpful info.
  8. dove1

dove1 New Member

Thanks for your advice on how to access Dr. Enlander's staff. They are elusive and definitely not hurting for business! Do you happen to know what pharmacy compounds your hepatopressin and what the cost is? Thanks so much! I'm happy to be communicating with someone who is trying the stuff.
  9. cma331

cma331 New Member

Dove..... I already wrote ahensen @ Schwarz; and she was very evasive????????
    Carole
  10. cma331

cma331 New Member

Paul;
    Was not clear.....Are you a patient of Dr. Enlander; receiving this treatment? Any results yet???
    Carole
  11. cma331

cma331 New Member

Ok. Dove,
    Just wrote Schwarz again.......Can't hurt!!!!
    Carole
  12. paulalbert

paulalbert New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Enlander. My insurance picks up the cost. Don't know how much it is. My best advice is to call on Wednesday. I am curious to know why Dr. E doesn't hook more people up, so to speak.

Paul
  13. dove1

dove1 New Member

will probably be a form letter that is spit out everytime she gets a inquiry about kuta. The last form letter announces a probable re-release date of Jan 2004. Did you receive this one yet?
  14. cma331

cma331 New Member

Dove,
    Yes i did get the reply today from Schwarz.Same as yours.....
    Carole
  15. annepat

annepat New Member

I suspect that this is what Dr. Enlander is using.

...We do have a soluble beef liver of Argentine origin (certified mad-cow free; BSE free) that we use in our product that is VERY similar to the Kutapressin. It is a soluble beef liver that also contains trace amount of 17 amino acids...

Instead of bothering Dr. Enlander's office, could we find out who his compounding pharmacy is?

I called the compounding pharmacy listed on his website for Imunoprop, but they said that they didn't work with injectables. Who does Dr. Enlander use to compound his KU? they would know if the Argentine orgin extract is the same product...
    annepat
  16. cma331

cma331 New Member

Annepat....., Have you tried ...
    Apothecure? They claim to be working with a sub for KU.........
    Carole

[ advertisement ]