Sciatic pain/standing on your toes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fmfriend, May 10, 2006.

1. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

Every Dr I have ever seen for my sciatic pain that radiates down my leg and into my foot, has me stand on my toes as part of the diagnosing. I can stand on my toes. So what does that say to them. They seem to not take it so seriously because I can.
    Can anyone else who has sciatic pain stand on there toes?
    Does it cause more pain or can you not do it at all?

Im really curious ot hear your feedback.Id really like to know what this means.
    Thanks for your imput.
    Blessings ~ Sally
  2. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

Pickles You are so fortunate to be able to go to the chiropractor and get your sciatic fixed"easy peasy"..I like that saying..cute.Your luckyyour sciatic doesnt stick.Mine literally does. I get that typical stuck thing happen to me like you see on comedy shows except it is not funny at all.I went to the chiro for years and years.Last time I went he said he wouldnt touch me anymore.

I went to my sons baseball game last night and sitting in a chair with a pillow undrer my butt and behind my back and I still got such stabbing pains in my back I screamed. My husband had to come off the field from coaching and help me hobble back to my car. Ive been layed up all day. After an episode of this stabbing which sometimes my legs give out and I fall to the floor. Mine stays constantly with these extreme stabbing episodes which leave me layed up for days in extreme pain.

Im suppose to go for an MRI tommorow at Duke University.They havent found anythig they could fix before I dont know if I realy want them to find something or not,I guess only if its some thing they can fix.

Can anyone answer me about the standing on the toes issue.What is the Dr looking for when they want to see if I can stand on my toes. They dont seem t think its serious if I can.Does that mean its not in the actual bone structure but is the MFP/FMS knots entrpping the nerves.

I'll apreciate your feed back.
    ~ Blessings ~ Sally
  3. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I have had sciatica problems for awhile and have seen several docs none of them have had me do that I have beeen told I sciatica problems get injections and have a brace just tried standing on my toes and I can do it also soooo I dunno what that means?? docs are crazy sorry i cant be more of a help good luck kim