Science Documentaries I Like | ProHealth Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS and Lyme Disease Forums

Science Documentaries I Like

ProHealth CBD Store

Mikie

Dear Patti,

OMG! A fellow science nerd. I love watching these. Brian Greene is amazing. I started informally studying Quantum Mechanics because it links science and spirituality for me. When people think of it, they imagine a guy like Einstein at the blackboard writing looong formulas. There are lots of books that explain things to people like me who are not scientists, just everyday people. To know what goes on in some of the subatomic particles in everyday objects is fascinating. Also, what goes on in space. Einstein talked about wanting to know how God thinks. He also talked about two kinds of people--those who think everything is a miracle and those who think nothing is a miracle (I'm paraphrasing here). I come down on the side of everything.

From many of the experiments, it appears that things behave differently when observed. A famous Japanese water experiment showed that just thoughts we project may change behavior of molecules. It's been a while since I've delved into these things and my poor pea brain remembers little these days. I need to go back and refresh my memory. It's good for us to learn new things.

Thank you sooo much for posting these.

Love, Mikie

hangininthere

Hi Mikie. I think of you whenever I hear quantum physics and the like. First heard of them from you on the Porch years ago.

I have to study more about thoughts/observation changing molecules, don't know the details, will look on YouTube for something explaining it and post it here. I totally believe it, because you can feel a palpable pall in the room when you commit a faux pas around people (good alliteration). Ever have that happen to you? I have. I believe the atmosphere in the room actually changes. Same with auras people emit, which I believe are real.

My short-term memory has gotten so bad that immediately after watching the video on string theory, I couldn't tell you for the life of me what it is, even though I understand it while watching.

As I age, I've become the person who believes everything is a miracle. The very breath we take is a miracle in itself. Everything just amazes me. It's fun being awestruck on a daily basis. Old age gives you the time to "stop and smell the roses".

Patti

Last edited:

Mikie

Hi, Patti,

Maybe when we observe the roses, they smell better. :D

There have been studies done of people who pray or meditate in groups for specific purposes. There have been measurable changes in the target of their prayers/intent. Of course, not every prayer is answered as we would like but I do believe our intent affects us and the world around us in positive ways.

Springwater posts about her approach to healing using light. She is a very interesting and dear person. I have learned a lot from her.

I do believe science fits into our spiritual orientation if we allow our minds to expand and accept that things at the sub-atomic level act in such mind boggling ways. If we accept that God created everything, we accept these strange and wonderful things as well.

Thanks again for posting all this. The water study was done in Japan, I believe. It was cited in the movie, The Secret.

Love, Mikie

hangininthere

I think science proves the Bible right. Such as sea life came first, the earth is round, the big bang, in the beginning the earth was void without form and dark, outerspace aliens came down and mated with earth women, describes space ships, predicts a third of mankind and all sea life dying, drones laser blasting people, the earth being destroyed by fire, the universe folding in on itself, etc. Also good advice such as keep the good thought. Our thoughts do have power.

I was trying to think of that movie The Secret. Want to see it. Will look for videos on YouTube, also.

Yes, I hold Springwater and everyone on this support group dear to my heart.

Patti

Last edited:

Mikie

I have also been interested in near death experiences. People tell remarkably similar recounts of their experiences while they were clinically dead. One area of particular interest is their life reviews where they experience every minute detail of their lives from the perspective of those they affected. They say that if we only knew how we affect others, we would spend our lives trying to be kind. It isn't always easy to do when we encounter people who aren't kind to us but I do think it's a worthwhile pursuit. Jesus said we were to love one another as He loves us. Spiritual gurus are always telling that, when we have a choice, choose kindness.

Yes, this website and the members here have been a huge blessing in my life and journey toward healing. Everyone here is part of my family.

Love, Mikie

Mikie

This is a You Tube video explaining the experiment. It's fascinating. I have written the word, Love, on the outside of the clear water container I use to water my potted plants. The word is written backward so it's facing the water inside.

Perhaps there is more than one good reason to say grace over our food.

Love, Mikie

I am in a habit of searching and reading reviews before purchasing a product. Just like recently, I have tried this Actron obd2 scanner (commercial URL removed by moderator) and a review about it helped me decide which to buy.

Last edited by a moderator: